Photos & Video

Photos & Video

Postby HammockGuy » February 27th, 2009, 3:04 pm

Ok, this is the place to provide all, well almost all, of the relevant photos and videos you took while visiting Anand, India. They say a picture is worth a 1,000 words, so it is my hope that these will be helpful...

Provide links or url's to where the photos and videos are maintained. And if I'm not asking too much, please give us a brief caption for each explaining what we are looking at. The main purpose here is to help others who have not yet visited Anand to have a very good idea of what to expect. I envision photos and video of the clinic, staff, roads / traffic, animals, hotels, restaurants, etc...

One more note, and while I probably don't need to say this, please be respectful of others and their wishes. I remember when we were in Anand, many of us couples didn't want our photos taken that might show-up on the internet or in some publication (reporters were out there at the time). We have quite a few photos of other couples, and ourselves, that we need to sift through first before sharing here. Also, I'd recommend not including photos of any surrogates.

Thanks for taking the time to do this. Ok, with my wife's help, here are about 70 photos that we'd like to share.

I tried to include some helpful info in the captions as well. Click to enlarge and read...

As a first time user of Picasa, I'm very impressed. It was very easy to use.

Here is a YouTube video of the 7 minute tuk tuk ride from Hotel Laksh to Dr. Patel's clinic:

I look forward to seeing what others have to share...
Four cycles with Dr. Nayana Patel, with the first and fourth giving us two beautiful, healthy baby girls! Persistence and determination are often rewarded, so stay the course...
HammockGuy
Father of 2 girls - Thanks Dr. Patel!

Re: Photos & Video

Postby HammockGuy » August 12th, 2011, 12:43 am

Here are some more photos we took in 2009, when we were in Anand for the birth of our daugther; and to cycle again:

https://picasaweb.google.com/gobears89/ ... JulAug2009
Four cycles with Dr. Nayana Patel, with the first and fourth giving us two beautiful, healthy baby girls! Persistence and determination are often rewarded, so stay the course...
HammockGuy

Postby HammockGuy » August 12th, 2011, 12:46 am

Dr. Patel does a lot to help the surrogates, their families and the community, long after we have returned home with our babies. Here are some photos:

https://picasaweb.google.com/gobears89/ ... 4ZOSoaTccA

I received these photos from Dr. Patel on a CD when were there in May 2011 for the birth of our 2nd daughter. Dr. Patel has English classes for interested surrogates. They also learn trades, as one can see in the photos. The children getting backpacks or book bags for school....
HammockGuy

Postby HammockGuy » August 12th, 2011, 11:47 am

Ok, making some time on my lunch break to get these videos back into the forum...

HammockGuy

Postby HammockGuy » August 12th, 2011, 11:51 am

Ok, while the above videos have apparently been helpful, they are getting dated. The clinic has been somewhat remodeled, but I didn't have time when out there in May to take any videos. That's just an example of what could be added... and of course more links to photos too.

After much feedback on the forum, emails, phone calls and folks I met in Anand, they found the photos and videos most helpful in getting them ready for what to expect. So.... please add more to help others who follow us on this journey.
HammockGuy

Google Baby Movie

Postby spanky » September 5th, 2011, 5:57 am

I found out that our nanny helping us at night was in the movie Google Baby. I used Google to see if I could download it and here is a link I found for anyone who may like to watch it themselves. The download is free. Please be careful what you click on and understand you download this at your own risk. I can only tell you that the download worked fine for me.

http://sceper.eu/2011/08/google-baby-20 ... d-p2p.html

From IMDB (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1490675/):
A journey across three continents telling the story of the up and coming baby production industry in the age of globalization.

Director:
Zippi Brand Frank
Stars:
Naina Patel, Doron Mamet-Meged and Gad Levy
spanky

Postby HammockGuy » February 13th, 2012, 5:13 pm

Not exactly photos, but they are jpegs... These are scanned images of a booklet Dr. Patel gave to me last May regarding the insurance plans they have for the surrogates:

https://picasaweb.google.com/gobears89/February132012
HammockGuy

Postby HammockGuy » February 15th, 2012, 1:03 am

Well, as it turns-out, that insurance plan is already old. The clinic has a new one (attached).

As it stands now, right from Dr. Patel's email:

Also we are not taking this insurance [the one I referenced in the above post]. We have another insurance service which is attached. We charge 1000 USD our of which 400 USD towards life insurance. Remaining go towards "The Anand Surrogate Trust"

Activities of Trust -

1 Distributing school books and bags

2 Distributing shawls and dress

3 Teaching them beauty parlor, tailoring, stitching, embroidering, spoken English courses

4 Taking care of the health and treatment of the surrogates even after delivery.

*** Cannot attach at this time. Not sure why, but I'll keep trying... ***
HammockGuy

Postby HammockGuy » February 19th, 2012, 11:29 pm

I had Dr. Patel convert to JPG's, and here is the most recent info on the surrogate insurance plan:

https://picasaweb.google.com/gobears89/ ... directlink
HammockGuy

Postby spanky » March 7th, 2015, 10:21 pm

I just watched this short documentary about Dr. Nayana

Wombs for rent
http://rt.com/shows/documentary/231655- ... e-mothers/
spanky

Postby LilySmith » August 12th, 2015, 1:30 pm

That's an interesting video about surrogacy. People will always have different opinions on this topic. As usually those who have children will hardly understand those who can't have them...
LilySmith

Postby spanky » August 12th, 2015, 1:38 pm

As usually those who have children will hardly understand those who can't have them...

So true.. "Why don't you just adopt"? Arghhh!
spanky

Postby HammockGuy » August 13th, 2015, 2:12 pm

Spanky, thanks for sharing that video link above, "Wombs for Rent". Brought back so many memories. Our oldest turns 6 this Saturday, I believe India's Independence Day...
HammockGuy

Postby spanky » August 14th, 2015, 9:32 am

6! That is so great. Time sure flies. Best to you and yours!
spanky

Return to Topic-focused Discussions