Topics to add - FEEDBACK SOUGHT

Topics to add - FEEDBACK SOUGHT

Postby HammockGuy » March 2nd, 2009, 10:35 pm

With this forum being in its infancy (pun intended), I solicit your input on which topics should merit some focused attention. I got the ball rolling with eight, but I know there are plenty more...

How about:

Who Knows? (thoughts & considerations of who should know about The Journey)
Injections
Meeting your Surrogate
Egg Pick-up (EPU)
Semen collection
Embryos
Transfer Talk (to blast or not to blast)
Gifting your Surrogate
Money Matters ($ in India to wiring from home)
Beta #'s
Sonograms
Telling Family & Friends about baby-to-be (thoughts & considerations)
When to Engaging a Pediatrician?
Getting a room ready
A baby shower for the intended mommy?
What baby items to bring to Anand?
Baby feeding options in India
Baby care while in India
How to get baby home

Ok, I came-up with these rather quickly, so I'm sure there are more! Please help me out...
Four cycles with Dr. Nayana Patel, with the first and fourth giving us two beautiful, healthy baby girls! Persistence and determination are often rewarded, so stay the course...
HammockGuy
Father of 2 girls - Thanks Dr. Patel!

Re: Topics to add - FEEDBACK SOUGHT

Postby Crystal » March 3rd, 2009, 9:30 pm

Direct Flights to India
What airlines fly to India
Crystal

Postby HammockGuy » March 3rd, 2009, 9:57 pm

Crystal wrote:Direct Flights to India
What airlines fly to India

Good stuff. I was going to take EVA Airlines (Taiwan) as many of my Indian colleagues liked that option, but apparently that service stopped in 2007 or 2008 :( . So, this info would need to be updated, but once we get enough folks here, that shouldn't be a problem...

This stuff would go perfectly in the already created What was your route to Anand, India?.

I'm going to post there now with all of the domestic Indian airlines, and the international ones, if I can find them... Thanks Crystal!
Four cycles with Dr. Nayana Patel, with the first and fourth giving us two beautiful, healthy baby girls! Persistence and determination are often rewarded, so stay the course...
HammockGuy

Postby anchau » August 13th, 2011, 11:16 am

Thanks HammockGuy for bring this site back to life. We rely so much on info posted on this site on our first trip and future trips. Appreciate all the great work you have done!
anchau

Postby Beagle » September 16th, 2011, 3:35 pm

Hi HG wasthere something on shopping in Anand in the original forum? Perhaps tie this in with hotels.
I cant recall all the names and am keen to make a map.
Father to 2 beautiful girls.
Beagle

Postby nanokiss » January 5th, 2012, 2:03 pm

hepatitis b mother opting for surrogacy
nanokiss

Postby Madyson » March 26th, 2012, 6:43 am

Maybe a forum that talks about culture courtesies? Things to be aware of, so to speak. I know these can vary greatly depending on where you are in India, so some Gujurat specifics might be helpful or general Indian ones people experienced there. Especially to help avoid offence.

For instance, my husband knows my proclivity to be direct (and sometimes impatient) when speaking with Drs here in the US and he cautioned me to be very respectful and grateful when speaking to the Dr.s over there. (DH is from India.) He knows I always am with most people, but I guess with Dr.s I tend to be more pressing. This probably comes from getting the run-around frequently here in the US.

Any tidbits that Dr. Patel has given would be great! I know I've seen a few scattered, such as husbands not touching surrogates. I'm sure there are additional ones. Tipping is one I always wonder about.
Madyson

Postby mama78 » April 10th, 2012, 9:00 pm

Can you add a topic for Indian Green Card holders' Visa requirements to bring child to USA.
mama78

Postby HammockGuy » April 13th, 2012, 5:39 pm

mama78, welcome to the forum. Here you go!

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=67&p=605#p605

You also might want to ask Dr. Patel too, if you have not already. She might be able to put you in-touch with people who have done this...
HammockGuy

Postby gumgum » June 4th, 2012, 10:05 am

Hello,
My husband and I have tried 4 times now with no success thus far. The first time, we went to Anand; but the pregnancy ended ecptopically. Is this very common? The other 3 times, no pregnancy. As you can imagine, this is really hard for us. Are there others for whom it has taken this long? We'd appreciate any advice....thanks
gumgum

Postby gumgum » June 4th, 2012, 10:10 am

Has anyone tried with an egg donor and sperm donor? Thus far, we have used egg donors because we cannot use mine. We have tried 4 times, But now my husband has turned 45 and we are concerned about increasing chances of autism. Anyone have thought or advice or ideas? We'd really appreciate your input.
gumgum

Postby spanky » June 4th, 2012, 10:59 am

I don't think this would be a problem in theory. You can bring or ship semen quite easily and use an Indian egg donor. In practice, after birth you may have difficulty with citizenship qualifications. Many countries require DNA testing and it will undoubtably complicate your case and could require a long stay in India to sort things out.

Also, I think the study you are referring to about increased risk of autism due to father's age is nothing to realistically worry about. As I understand it is an extremely small number of cases and exceptionally rare mutation that was studied with no clear conclusions. IVF pregnancy has many well known increased risks associated to it already (for example, 40 week full term birth is very rare and premature birth is common) and personally I think one study like this should not be a deciding factor.

Good luck to you.

gumgum wrote:Has anyone tried with an egg donor and sperm donor? Thus far, we have used egg donors because we cannot use mine. We have tried 4 times, But now my husband has turned 45 and we are concerned about increasing chances of autism. Anyone have thought or advice or ideas? We'd really appreciate your input.
spanky

Postby gumgum » June 4th, 2012, 11:30 am

Thank you, I really appreciate your taking the time.
gumgum

Postby gumgum » June 4th, 2012, 12:54 pm

We need to ship frozen sperm sample from the US to Anand. Any company recommendations? We live in Southern CA. Thank you
gumgum

Postby HammockGuy » June 4th, 2012, 7:16 pm

gumgum, welcome the forum. It seems that you might have missed this topic:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=61&p=355&hilit=FROZEN#p355

The search feature works very well, I'm happy to say. I typed "frozen" in the box in the top right corner and found several pertinent discussions....

Hope that helps.
HammockGuy

Postby past 7 » August 19th, 2012, 10:34 am

Is it possible to have some kind of stats table or editable post with the following information:

Number of people doing:

1. Own egg IVF
2. Donor egg IVF
3. How many cycles to achieve live birth with own egg
4. How many cycles to achieve live birth with donor egg
5. Own egg with surrogate
6. Donor egg with surrogate
7. How many cycles to get pregnant with donor egg and surrogate

Thank you
past 7

Next

Return to Topic-focused Discussions