The total cost would be in excess of 1.4 million INR which is around 200,000 ZAR. Factors influencing this are as follows:
1. Your travel to and from Anand - Nearest International airport is Ahmedabad (AMD) and nearest domestic Airport is Vadodara (a.k.a Baroda). From either of these places to Anand would be around INR 2000-2500
2. Hotel stay at Rama - which is INR 1500 per night for the semi-deluxe AC room & INR 999 per night for the semi-deluxe non-AC room for atleast 15-16 nights which would include time until Embryo Transfer. You get a 10% discount, but that would only offset the tax.
3. Surrogate Preparation, IVF cycle - USD 6500 ~ approx 55000 ZAR + blood tests, medication, etc INR 4000 to INR 5000. If you are going to use 2 surrogates to implant your embryos, then it would be additional USD 2000.
4. Food expenses - at Rama is about INR 400 a day, but you would only get vegetarian food. Eating outside could easily double that cost to around INR 800 - 1000 a day
5. Embryo freezing costs in case you have sufficient embryos to do a frozen cycle at a later date if required.
6. Additional costs associated with Blastocyst transfer
These are the costs up until the Embryo Transfer and if you plan to repeat cycles, then the above 4 costs would apply. While saying this, you must bear in mind that there have been couples who have done more than 10 cycles. Having said that, there have been couples who have succeeded in the very first cycle. I am not discouraging you, but just that you are aware.
Once your surrogate tests positive, you would have to pay USD 2500.
By the end of 5th month of pregnancy, they ask you to deposit USD 5500 - 6000 to cover the delivery and the total costs for the surrogate. Any balance or excess is adjusted / refunded when you go to pick up your child. Please note that costs increase by atleast 25 % if the surrogate carries twins.
In addition to this you would have the Paediatrician costs - which would be minimal if your baby doesnt need NICU stay.
Then comes the next phase - taking your baby to your country. Generally, the following steps are involved:
A. Obtaining your a passport for your baby - travel & stay to your nearest consulate - Mumbai or Delhi
B. Obtaining an Exit Visa from the local authorities in Anand. So, you have to come back to Anand with the passport to get this done.
C. Hotel Stay in Anand (costs above) for the duration of the baby's stay in NICU and obtaining clearance to leave India
D. Your travel to pick up your baby.
Before embarking on this journey, please ensure that South Africa has no problems with it citizens undergoing surrogacy and they would accord citizenship to the new born.
You would require a Medical Visa for surrogacy purposes.
Actually, you can consider starting your cycle earlier than 2 years - may be 1.5 years, as the major proportion of expenses are only after the 6th Month of Pregnancy. To embark on this journey you only need items 1 to 4.
If you are planning to embark on this in 1.5 to 2 yrs, it would be safe to presume an additional 20% increase. So, you would safe with quarter of a million Rands. If you e-Mail the clinic, you could get the current costs.