Topics to add - FEEDBACK SOUGHT

Re: Topics to add - FEEDBACK SOUGHT

Postby Mnana » September 29th, 2012, 1:05 pm

gumgum wrote:Has anyone tried with an egg donor and sperm donor? Thus far, we have used egg donors because we cannot use mine. We have tried 4 times, But now my husband has turned 45 and we are concerned about increasing chances of autism. Anyone have thought or advice or ideas? We'd really appreciate your input.

hi gumgum,

The Indian Council for Medical Research has given Guidelines in the year 2005 regulating Assisted Reproductive Technology procedures. It says:

One of the intended parents should be a donor as well, because the bond of love and affection with a child primarily emanates from biological relationship. Also, the chances of various kinds of child-abuse, which have been noticed in cases of adoptions, will be reduced. In case the intended parent is single, he or she should be a donor to be able to have a surrogate child. Otherwise, adoption is the way to have a child which is resorted to if biological (natural) parents and adoptive parents are different.
Mnana

Postby spanky » September 29th, 2012, 2:33 pm

Wow, that is incredible. What a terribly uninformed 'guideline' to come from a group calling itself a council for medical research.. I have no issues at all with adoption, but that is a personal choice and should not be something recommended by a council..

Anyhow,
I would ask your consulate in India about it, because for Canada DNA is required and in US it basically is too to show biological connection to one parent. Personally, I think the autism link is very tenuous at best and would not be concerned about that. More important would be to do a standard male fertility test.

Good luck and stay at it. It took as 4 tries and we know some couples that took more. Have you asked to use an experienced egg donor and experienced surrogate? Meaning both have participated in successful IVF and surrogacy at least once before? We feel like this might have helped make the difference for us on our last try.. I also had tests done before and after freezing my sperm to make sure it was acceptable.

Mnana wrote:
gumgum wrote:Has anyone tried with an egg donor and sperm donor? Thus far, we have used egg donors because we cannot use mine. We have tried 4 times, But now my husband has turned 45 and we are concerned about increasing chances of autism. Anyone have thought or advice or ideas? We'd really appreciate your input.

hi gumgum,

The Indian Council for Medical Research has given Guidelines in the year 2005 regulating Assisted Reproductive Technology procedures. It says:

One of the intended parents should be a donor as well, because the bond of love and affection with a child primarily emanates from biological relationship. Also, the chances of various kinds of child-abuse, which have been noticed in cases of adoptions, will be reduced. In case the intended parent is single, he or she should be a donor to be able to have a surrogate child. Otherwise, adoption is the way to have a child which is resorted to if biological (natural) parents and adoptive parents are different.
spanky

Postby roxanneortmann » February 6th, 2013, 3:28 am

I know this may not be the right forum to ask, but I am needing to know approximately how much money to save up in order to budget for the ENTIRE process at the clinic. I am only wanting to begin the process in approximately 2 years or so and so i understand that the price could increase dramatically by then. However can anyone advise me how many Rupees the entire process takes?? I am South African and I was told R100 000.00 is a safe figure to work with for the entire process? :?:
roxanneortmann

Postby Renu » February 6th, 2013, 8:40 am

Hi there ,
as of now price is around $25,000 US dollars for Egg donor with surrogate .
It does not include post natal care .

Hope it helps .
Renu

Postby spanky » February 7th, 2013, 11:51 am

I'd say Renu is about right, but I would also add that you need to consider it might take more than one try. Also consider that unexpected things can happen and you may need to stay in India longer and have longer post natal care than average. Also consider extra expense for twins vs. single birth. It is not an easy thing to budget for. You can also have a pretty wide range of accommodations in Anand ranging from over $100 per night to around $20 per night depending on your preferences and the living conditions you can tolerate, but the largest expenses should be payments to the clinic and surrogate and travel.

Good luck to you.

Renu wrote:Hi there ,
as of now price is around $25,000 US dollars for Egg donor with surrogate .
It does not include post natal care .

Hope it helps .
spanky

Postby snv1979 » February 8th, 2013, 4:06 pm

The total cost would be in excess of 1.4 million INR which is around 200,000 ZAR. Factors influencing this are as follows:

1. Your travel to and from Anand - Nearest International airport is Ahmedabad (AMD) and nearest domestic Airport is Vadodara (a.k.a Baroda). From either of these places to Anand would be around INR 2000-2500

2. Hotel stay at Rama - which is INR 1500 per night for the semi-deluxe AC room & INR 999 per night for the semi-deluxe non-AC room for atleast 15-16 nights which would include time until Embryo Transfer. You get a 10% discount, but that would only offset the tax.

3. Surrogate Preparation, IVF cycle - USD 6500 ~ approx 55000 ZAR + blood tests, medication, etc INR 4000 to INR 5000. If you are going to use 2 surrogates to implant your embryos, then it would be additional USD 2000.

4. Food expenses - at Rama is about INR 400 a day, but you would only get vegetarian food. Eating outside could easily double that cost to around INR 800 - 1000 a day

5. Embryo freezing costs in case you have sufficient embryos to do a frozen cycle at a later date if required.

6. Additional costs associated with Blastocyst transfer

These are the costs up until the Embryo Transfer and if you plan to repeat cycles, then the above 4 costs would apply. While saying this, you must bear in mind that there have been couples who have done more than 10 cycles. Having said that, there have been couples who have succeeded in the very first cycle. I am not discouraging you, but just that you are aware.

Once your surrogate tests positive, you would have to pay USD 2500.

By the end of 5th month of pregnancy, they ask you to deposit USD 5500 - 6000 to cover the delivery and the total costs for the surrogate. Any balance or excess is adjusted / refunded when you go to pick up your child. Please note that costs increase by atleast 25 % if the surrogate carries twins.

In addition to this you would have the Paediatrician costs - which would be minimal if your baby doesnt need NICU stay.

Then comes the next phase - taking your baby to your country. Generally, the following steps are involved:

A. Obtaining your a passport for your baby - travel & stay to your nearest consulate - Mumbai or Delhi

B. Obtaining an Exit Visa from the local authorities in Anand. So, you have to come back to Anand with the passport to get this done.

C. Hotel Stay in Anand (costs above) for the duration of the baby's stay in NICU and obtaining clearance to leave India

D. Your travel to pick up your baby.

Before embarking on this journey, please ensure that South Africa has no problems with it citizens undergoing surrogacy and they would accord citizenship to the new born.

You would require a Medical Visa for surrogacy purposes.

Actually, you can consider starting your cycle earlier than 2 years - may be 1.5 years, as the major proportion of expenses are only after the 6th Month of Pregnancy. To embark on this journey you only need items 1 to 4.

If you are planning to embark on this in 1.5 to 2 yrs, it would be safe to presume an additional 20% increase. So, you would safe with quarter of a million Rands. If you e-Mail the clinic, you could get the current costs.
snv1979

Postby Mnana » February 9th, 2013, 10:54 am

I think they have already increased the charges in 2013. Once i was there in last year August , Mr.hitesh informed that the total cost would be different in 2013 from what they had email me before ( though we had IVF treatments on 2012 , since we are expecting our baby on 2013). So i should pay approximately US$ 3500 more to the amount they emailed me before.

snv1979 , is that the cost you get in 2013 ?
Mnana

Postby Maggie » June 5th, 2013, 11:17 pm

I haven't seen this addressed anywhere so far: Adding mom's name to the child's birth certificate (CRBA) after returning to the U.S.

Has anyone done this? We used donor eggs and our daughter was born in January in Anand. We made it through the paperwork etc. and were able to bring her home exactly 3 weeks after her birth. She was born after the law had changed requiring a medical visa for commissioning surrogacy, but our batch of families was grandfathered in.

I was kind of surprised to find that the CRBA only listed my husband's name (but once I thought about it, this made sense as he is the one who is genetically related to our daughter and that is what we proved to the embassy). I was even more surprised to find when starting to do official things here in the U.S., like apply for a Social Security card for her, that I had a hard time proving I was her mother! (We did not apply for a Social Security card when we applied for her passport in Mumbai, because we got the emergency passport which is much faster but you can't apply at the same time for Social Security.) Of course I had the local birth certificate from Anand but in the U.S., officialdom seems to recognize only the CRBA.

Some Googling has given me the impression that I may need to "adopt" my own daughter in order to get my name onto a revised CRBA. This is important for me to do since we are not sure yet if we will be sharing the info about using an egg donor with other family members.

Just wondering how to go about this and if any other alumnae of Dr. Patel's clinic have tackled this yet.
Maggie

Postby Maggie » June 5th, 2013, 11:31 pm

Just found this paper on the American Bar Assoc. web site. It clarifies some details but not others.

http://www.americanbar.org/content/dam/ ... eckdam.pdf

* Basically, from the state dept's point of view our situation is treated as an out-of-wedlock birth. (I knew that already.)
* The CRBA is meant to establish transmission of U.S. citizenship, NOT parental rights.
* Confusingly, it says that the child must be "legitimated" before turning 18, but what does that mean?

I'm still not clear on whether I can get my name added to CRBA or not. Sigh.
Maggie

New Hospital

Postby OCIinIndia » February 16th, 2016, 5:09 am

As you may know, Dr. Nayana Patel opened a new hospital in December 2015. I haven't seen any posts about that. It might be useful to have a topic dedicated to the new hospital. Both of my visits to Anand were before the new hospital opened. It would be great to get info about the new hospital location, places around it, accommodation options in walking distance if any,etc.

To start off, I am giving some info I have.
Name and address:
Akansha Hospital & Research Institute
Near Shrushti English Medium School
Opp. Guruvillas Bungalows
Lambhvel, Anand 388001

Phone number: +91 2692 307300

I think the surrogates have all been shifted to accommodation located at the new hospital. I know our surrogate has been shifted there.
OCIinIndia

Postby spanky » February 16th, 2016, 5:04 pm

Good idea. I will add a topic for it now.
spanky

Previous

Return to Topic-focused Discussions