Thanks everyone for the wonderful information here. We are expecting twins around mid-july. We used donor eggs so based on everything we have heard, we are going to pre-order the DNA test kit. If anyone has experience with this, could you help me understand how the test works (apologies in advance for the many questions )
* When do I order the kit? Is it ok if I order it several days in advance of my appointment?
* Will I get the DNA kit shipped to the US embassy in Mumbai? If so, how does the embassy know that I have shipped them the kit? Do I need to contact the embassy to inform them about the DNA kit that would be arriving for us?
* Does the embassy conduct the test? I am assuming that would be done the day we go for our appointment to get 'certificate of birth abroad'? Is this correct?
* I also hear that it takes a week to get back the results, so would the embassy give us a new date to return?
* When we return to the embassy to get the results of the test, will we be able to get the Certificate of birth and the passport the same day? (we plan on requesting the emergency passport service).
Thanks in advance to anyone who has experience with this process and could help answer the questions above.
Mirandy68 wrote:Sorry, one more question. Do the surrogates have ANY rights to the baby once born? I know in United States they have some rights. Thanks again
Mnana wrote:once you go back India to take your baby, is it necessary to mention the travel purpose as surrogacy when you apply for the visa?
Mirandy68 wrote:Hi Spanky,
Thanks so much for the info/reassurance. I just thought I'd ask to see if anyone had heard of incidents. I can't imagine anyone would want to take the baby because I know what they are doing as surrogates is a life changing experience for them. Are you in the process of surrogacy right now?
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest