In Anand Now / Heading to Anand Soon

In Anand Now / Heading to Anand Soon

Postby HammockGuy » August 11th, 2011, 3:52 pm

Great idea from Spanky:

I have an idea for a new forum/topic. Something like, "In Anand Now / Heading to Anand Soon".

This could be a place dedicated for people to help each other with logistics and other things that can be hard to do across time zones or when not in person. For example, people in Anand who may need something special brought to them can try to find someone from their country that is coming soon and would be willing to bring it. People who are on their way soon can ask people already there to help them with things like getting copies of medical info, scans, taking pictures of surrogates and babies, arranging hotels, transportation, etc.

If the use was explained this way and users were requested to enter their basic travel details such as where they are flying from and on what dates I think this could be very useful; especially as the forum grows back to its former self with more users.

From this post:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=7&p=129#p120

Well, here is the dedicated space for these type of communications. An improvement over the old forum! Thanks again Spanky!
Four cycles with Dr. Nayana Patel, with the first and fourth giving us two beautiful, healthy baby girls! Persistence and determination are often rewarded, so stay the course...
HammockGuy
Father of 2 girls - Thanks Dr. Patel!

Re: In Anand Now / Heading to Anand Soon

Postby Beagle » November 14th, 2011, 10:08 pm

Hi all we arrived into Rama yesterday at 12 noon, so if you are here say hi,or if you need us to look something up let us know :-)

I will try and take some photos and video, all though nothing much has changed since HG videos - apart from the main office at the clinic moving :-) so any requests and I will try.

More importantly we decided to take a walk to the clinic and say hi to the Patels, unveleiveable we saw our surrogate and Dr Patel greated us saying that they have to operate now, it was so surreal!..

1 hour (and 10 years) later we are now beaming parents of two beautiful girls. 2kg45grams and 1.6kg, our surrogate is also well.

The girls are in Nicu with Dr Anita (thanks Spanky) and we get to visit twice a day. Omg....

Thanks to everyone on the forum who replied to questions and contibuted, especially a
warm thank you to HG who i will buy a beer or three if ever i get to visit US.

at the time and so long ago I was worried this was all some scam 10k miles away....was I wrong........................and for me agreeing to this, was mainly due to HG and the forum members.

Our thoughts are with everyone going through this, and to quote HG, keep your eye on why you are doing this. It helped me through the pain and keeping my feet on the ground when euphoric..
Father to 2 beautiful girls.
Beagle

Postby mira » November 14th, 2011, 10:17 pm

Heartiest Congratulations Beagle !!
mira

Postby mira » November 14th, 2011, 10:30 pm

Hi Beagle

Did you get any gift for your surrogate ? I read somewhere in old forum that people bring gift on their visit, so wanted to check on what is the usual practice people follow.
mira

Postby Beagle » November 14th, 2011, 10:38 pm

Hi Mira and thank you :D

Beagle wife bought a necklace and a back pack with some pencils and books for the surrogates two boys. HG has given some advice in a different thread regarding caution on gifts. Certainly as the babies were born they were swampt by the other surrogates there, and it was interesting that they came up to me and was saying to give the surrogate money.....I didn't appreciate this but understood why.

I suspect we need to practise caution here and will be keen to hear from others. There is a swarming mentality here when they see you giving tips or cash - not in all cases, a lot of people would not accept tips from us.
Beagle

Postby mira » November 14th, 2011, 11:37 pm

One certainly need to be cautious in these things. No one appreciates if someone asks for it. Thanks for sharing your experience.
mira

Postby HammockGuy » November 14th, 2011, 11:58 pm

Beagle - CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I don't frequent the forum all that much these days, and with two little ones, you'll know why :lol: Glad I saw your post though. I am so happy this forum continues help dreams come true...

I think I have a few beers coming my way, mostly from Australians, so it seems! Gosh, if we ever make our way down that way, I'd like to meet you and your FAMILY.

A safe and uneventful journey home!
Four cycles with Dr. Nayana Patel, with the first and fourth giving us two beautiful, healthy baby girls! Persistence and determination are often rewarded, so stay the course...
HammockGuy
Father of 2 girls - Thanks Dr. Patel!

Postby anchau » November 15th, 2011, 4:22 am

Congratulation Beagle !

We'll be seeing you soon.
anchau

Postby Jackie_pbs » November 15th, 2011, 7:26 am

Beagle wrote:Hi Mira and thank you :D

Beagle wife bought a necklace and a back pack with some pencils and books for the surrogates two boys. HG has given some advice in a different thread regarding caution on gifts. Certainly as the babies were born they were swampt by the other surrogates there, and it was interesting that they came up to me and was saying to give the surrogate money.....I didn't appreciate this but understood why.

I suspect we need to practise caution here and will be keen to hear from others. There is a swarming mentality here when they see you giving tips or cash - not in all cases, a lot of people would not accept tips from us.

CONGRATULATIONS BEAGLE!!
May you and your family only know love, health and happiness!

Since you are at the clinic can you please confirm if there is a new rule at the clinic about having to PAY for the breastmilk for the first 15 days?

I ask about FREE breastmilk (as part of the surrogate obligation) because it was relayed to new parents 2 weeks ago that 15 days of breastmilk would be supplied only for PAYMENT - that the surrogate is NOT obligated to give any breastmilk. This payment and breastmilk would have to be made through the clinic.

Thanks!
Jackie_pbs

Postby spanky » November 15th, 2011, 10:15 am

Congratulations Beagle. Your babies are in good hands with Dr. Anita and her crew. Visit as often as you can and drop in unexpectedly some mornings or evening to keep them on their toes. They are very good, but you want them to know that you are always around an watching what they do. Please say hello to Dr. Anita and the NICU nurses from the parents of the "old lady" if you can remember and have time. They will know who we are ;)

Jackie_pbs, I have always heard of the first two weeks of breast milk were included, but maybe that has changed. That would be a pretty minor expense in the scheme of things though. I would just ask Nayana or Hitesh to confirm that for you. In my experience they will always keep to their word if they tell you or email you something.

lastly, re: gifts. My advice is to decide how much and what you want to give and just do it at the very end and say goodbye. Most, but not all the surrogates and their husbands and families will hover around trying to get gifts and money. It can get uncomfortable. You have to remember how wealthy are in comparison. I know it may not feel like it with all the expenses now, but many of these surrogates and their families actually have lived on just a couple dollars per day for their whole lives. This is your own choice of course and I have heard of people having nice times shopping with their surrogates or even doing more, but I would have to asume you will be busy taking care of your babies and you focus should be figuring out how to get them home quickly.
spanky

Postby snv1979 » November 15th, 2011, 3:09 pm

Someone had written about gifting jewellery - please be careful. Any jewellery would be considered worthy only if it is in 22k gold. Here in the west, we are used to jewellery of all materials - even in stainless steel. A pearl necklace too would not be considered worthy....

When in India, if you were to check out the jewellery and their intricate work, you would understand what I mean. 9k, 18k, white gold, etc., are seldom heard of - only in upmarket shops.

Having said all this - Dr. Patels dont encourage the gifting as it builds a sort of comparison gossip amongst the surrogates - "My IPs have given me this. What have your IPs given? Are you going to ask them something?" Remember - they have lots of time with nothing to do other than discuss such things. It is better to have a "Touch and Go" approach to the whole thing.
snv1979

Postby Beagle » November 16th, 2011, 3:09 am

Thanks all we have met some fantastic people here all ready and we look forward to meeting new ones :-) the girls are putting on weight and and beagle wife and I are over the moon - as you would expect..

HG without sounding stereo typical we Aussies do like our beer :) and you and family are very welcome to visit :D

Hi JackiePBS we asked Mr Hitesh today and the first 10 days are free then 200rps per child. Hope this helps!

Hi Spanky we missed Dr Anita today however will certainly let her know tonight if she is there, sounds like an interesting story :) . She is as you said lovely and takes her job very seriously.

Ok, back to researching how to get the girls home !

Beagle and DW!
Beagle

Postby sreepal » November 16th, 2011, 11:13 am

Hi Beagle

Congratulations on your 2 bundles of joy :))

Good luck to all of you who are all going to get their baby/babies soon, like Anchau, Mira, etc

We, others, will be waiting for all your comments/posts on this blog.
Very fascinating, encouraging and motivating !!
sreepal

Postby Jackie_pbs » November 16th, 2011, 9:38 pm

Beagle wrote:Thanks all we have met some fantastic people here all ready and we look forward to meeting new ones :-) the girls are putting on weight and and beagle wife and I are over the moon - as you would expect..

HG without sounding stereo typical we Aussies do like our beer :) and you and family are very welcome to visit :D

Hi JackiePBS we asked Mr Hitesh today and the first 10 days are free then 200rps per child. Hope this helps!

Hi Spanky we missed Dr Anita today however will certainly let her know tonight if she is there, sounds like an interesting story :) . She is as you said lovely and takes her job very seriously.

Ok, back to researching how to get the girls home !

Beagle and DW!

Thanks Beagle for clarifiying this important information!!
You are a STAR!
Jackie_pbs

Postby mira » November 16th, 2011, 10:37 pm

Hi Beagle

Did Dr Anita tell you for how many days your daughters would be in NICU ? I was wondering what is the average duration they are kept there.

Also, is it possible for you to describe your daily routine at the moment? Are you supposed to collect breastmilk, take to NICU, what else are you supposed to take care?

How is the weather there, would you need a room heater when you plan to bring your babies to hotel?

Thanks!
mira

Postby Beagle » November 17th, 2011, 1:22 am

Hi JackiePBS that rate is for milk only, and you may need more as per Spankys earlier post. I will look for it if you don't know the one I am referring too.

Hi Mira, hope all is going well for you. Our little one is putting on weight and we have no time frame as yet. As per Spankys email it depends on weight and health. We are hoping we can take them to the hotel after a week but may be a little longer.

Our routine is easy at the moment :-)

1. Wake up and have famous Rama omelette and toast. 2. Catch up with emails with friends, family and work 3. Get ready for the first of 2daily visits. 11am is first and today they show us how to feed the girls ourselves :D 4. Now it's very very hot midday sun so back to the hotel where we Skype call, write in diary or amuse ourselves with 100 channels of Bollywood TV :D

5. By about 3pm the sun is low enough to grab a tuktuk and go for our coffee hit and visit Dmart and Big Bazzar or a general look around. 6. Basically killing time until our second daily visit around 7pm then we arrange dinner, more email, Bollywood and then sleep.

Regarding the breast milk, i have read different approaches on the forum, for us our
surrogates husband walks the milk over. We bought a breast pump - DW got the ergo Madela version for 3800rs at 711, there is a cheaper one available for 1500rs, however I left this decision with my wife.

The pharmacy near the IVF clinic sell them, however the boxes looked second hand and cash only. It was cheaper at 3000rs though.

Our surrogates family is lovely and we are doubly lucky that we met them and can see who the money will help. We met them today, extremely moving moment for me.

The nurses at the NICU also asked us to bring bottles (we brought 2 for each girl) nappies (you can get from 711) and wipes.

The weather is hot around 35deg celsius. It does become more bearable later in the day - and I am used to an Aussie summer and I find it hot. Keep in mind it's also very smokey and hazy here, which doesn't help.

I guess that was a lot of info, and I know now that it's easy to say with hindsight, I will though.. Go with the flow,take time out, you will have lots while you wait for the kids to arrive, research the next steps, trust the Pateles and Dr Anita, be courteous and everything will happen.. OMO.

:D :D

All the best !!!! It is all amazing stuff, and please do not hesitate to ask questions. It's the least we can do...
Beagle

Next

Return to Topic-focused Discussions