In Anand Now / Heading to Anand Soon

Re: In Anand Now / Heading to Anand Soon

Postby Renu » January 30th, 2013, 6:49 pm

thanks Spanky for answering my questions

I have few more things to ask
me and my husband are married for one year.does 2 year rule apply to us???
I am indian origin US naturalized citizen with OCI .do i need Medical visa for surrogacy.
please reply.

if any one has similar situation please help me..
Renu

Postby snv1979 » February 2nd, 2013, 4:37 pm

Hi Renu,

Here are two links that could be useful.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-01-15/i ... ts/4465198

I dont think the law distinguishes between foreign couples and Indian couples as far as the Marriage requirements are concerned.

I dont think there is a way to overcome the 2 year condition. But, as far as the visa is concerned, the baby would get Indian Citizenship by Birth, by the virtue of your husband being an Indian Citizen and you are not an illegal immigrant as you hold an OCI card, which is a valid Immigration Document. Moreover, with an OCI card, you are treated on par with an Indian Citizen except that you cannot work in Government.

Any person born in India, on or after 26 January 1950 but prior to the commencement of the 1986 Act on 1 July 1987, is a citizen of India by birth. A person born in India on or after 1 July 1987 is a citizen of India if either parent was a citizen of India at the time of the birth. Those born in India on or after 3 December 2004 are considered citizens of India only if both of their parents are citizens of India or if one parent is a citizen of India and the other is not an illegal migrant at the time of their birth.

You should be able to get an Indian Passport and an American Visa based on your Husband's Immigration status.

The other site also provides sufficient information on the legal aspects of the Indian Surrogacy Law.

http://www.indiansurrogacylaw.com/blog/ ... egulation/

Best wishes
snv1979

Postby Kdr » March 28th, 2013, 9:49 pm

I'll be there for ivf on April 8th to 25th. Staying at Rama. I'd love to hear from anyone else that will be there!,
Kdr

Postby harobed » March 29th, 2013, 11:56 am

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself to the forum and wanted to say that I have found all of the info in this forum very helpful. My husband and I are going to be in Anand May 13 to May 30, 2013 in hopes of successful IVF & surrogacy. Is anyone else going to be in Anand around the same time? It would be nice to meet others who are going through the same process... I am a bit nervous. We will be staying at the Madhubhan Resort & Spa.

r/
harobed
harobed

Postby poplars » March 30th, 2013, 11:40 am

Hi Harobed

Pleased that to hear that you are going to try IVF and surrogacy.
We will be in India when you arrive in May. Please come and see us at the Rama Residency which is a short walk from the clinic.

Poplars
poplars

Postby harobed » March 30th, 2013, 2:25 pm

Hi Poplars,
So good to hear. When you will be in anand seeing dr. Patel? We may have time to meet up and share more. I will post here when we have more details. Perhaps we can meet up for some shopping and dinner.

harobed
harobed

Postby bmkoss » April 19th, 2013, 4:26 pm

Hello
We are a little confused about the timing of when to start taking BC pills, when to get the ultrasound/labs, when we leave for Anand and arrival. Our understanding is finish the pills, next day ultraound and labs, then the next day fly to Anand. Is this correct? As Dr Patel's email says she will call us on day 4 of stopping the pills. Should we already be in Anand at this time? Help!! We are planning a September trip but planning flights, hotel within the next couple weeks
bmkoss

Postby Nava10 » April 23rd, 2013, 6:46 am

bmkoss wrote:Hello
We are a little confused about the timing of when to start taking BC pills, when to get the ultrasound/labs, when we leave for Anand and arrival. Our understanding is finish the pills, next day ultraound and labs, then the next day fly to Anand. Is this correct? As Dr Patel's email says she will call us on day 4 of stopping the pills. Should we already be in Anand at this time? Help!! We are planning a September trip but planning flights, hotel within the next couple weeks

Hi bmkoss,

We are going to Anand from July 27th through August 17th. Unfortunately the communication style between Dr. Patel's office and ours is very different - can't blame her - she's super busy and there's a definite cultural difference. My husband and I are also planning IVF/Surrogacy in India. She wants to know our estimated cycle start dates for the next 4 months, but unfortunately I cant' do that since I just had a miscarriage in January and my cycles are all off. Anyway, what I have been doing is e-mailing her monthly with my cycle updates. From the research that I've done, she does IVF/Surrogacy twice a month 1-15, and 16-30/31. Also, there's a definite need for your wife to be there for at least 3 weeks. So plan for that. Dr. Patel can work around your schedule and your cycle. The timing can be tweaked very easily with a few extra days of birthcontrol pills. So what you should do is pick the dates, and ask her if that works for her. That's what we did. We have our hotel and flights booked. In May, June, and July, we will e-mail her agian to ask her what she needs from us. September is unfortunately far away, and she's dealing with patients who are coming in the next few months. I went through exactly what you went through last month - so many questions, so many unknowns. And it seems like you're a planner like me. I would just pick the dates, e-mail her if those dates work, and start planning :-).
Nava10

Postby bmkoss » April 27th, 2013, 9:00 pm

Nava10
Thanks so much for the advice. We are very excited about this adventure and we want to make sure we do it correctly. Best of luck to you!
bmkoss

Postby Nava10 » June 20th, 2013, 10:13 am

Hi Everyone!

We are going to be in Anand from July 27th through August 17th. Anyone else going to be there around that time? Would love to meet up! We'll be staying at Rama.
Nava10

Postby Seema » November 22nd, 2013, 11:26 am

We will be in anand January 20, 2014 to pick up our baby. Anyone else going to be there? Staying at Rama.
Seema

Postby slinky » December 30th, 2013, 10:16 am

Hi all

Congratulations to all who have had successes and good luck to those trying.

We are expecting twins EDD is 7th Apr 14, so as I understand it, they will be delivered early. We are planning to fly over to India 1st Mar 14.

We have yet to sort out hotel accommodation, but hoping to stay at Rama.

We would love to hear from other couples who will be out there at the same time to share experiences and tips. We are from the UK, so we will have an extensive stay out in India.

Thanks
slinky

Postby Phoenix » December 30th, 2013, 11:33 am

Hi Slinky,
Our twins EDD is 15 April 2014. Yes, I expect delivery sooner maybe at 32-34 weeks. We received a 24week report and they were normal but a little small for gestational age so we are hoping they will gain some weight. I was also planning on being in Anand at Rama Residency in the beginning of March with my sister. We should probably see you there. It may be busy at Rama since I know a few expecting IPs in April. We are planning to fly Emirates from JFK New York to AMD.
Phoenix

Postby lowe2 » December 31st, 2013, 6:44 am

Hello Slinky and Phoenix,

Congrats on your babies! The EDD for our twins is Apr 4th 2014. See you both in Anand.
lowe2

Postby slinky » January 13th, 2014, 5:30 pm

Hi Pheonix and lowe2

Congratulations to you both. Wow more twins, such wonderful news.

Lowe2 - just wondering when you'll be flying out to India?

I'm just looking at flights for around beginning of Mar.
Keep in touch, be great to hear any news.

Slinky
slinky

Postby lowe2 » January 14th, 2014, 11:17 am

Hi Slinky,

We also plan on flying out around the beginning of March. We hope the next scan we get will give us a better idea about when we need to arrive. I think we may get a new scan around 30 or 32 weeks. It is very exciting to begin planning our trip.

Congrats on your twins! See you in Anand soon.
lowe2

PreviousNext

Return to Topic-focused Discussions