In Anand Now / Heading to Anand Soon

Re: In Anand Now / Heading to Anand Soon

Postby Phoenix » January 28th, 2014, 6:52 pm

Hi Slinky and Lowe2,
So I booked my Emirates flight and should be arriving in Anand on March 3. I was going to wait to buy tickets until next weeks' 30 week scan but my sister received her Tourist Visa earlier than expected. We dropped off her forms and passport Monday, then 3 business days later on Thursday evening, I got email saying to enjoy the trip to India from BLS. So now we are waiting until next week for more information.
See you in March,
Phoenix
Phoenix

Postby slinky » February 2nd, 2014, 5:57 pm

Hi all
Hope you are all good.
Well finally took the plunge and booked our flights. We arrive into Anand on the 1st Mar.

Just sorting through our paperwork and 'mentally' preparing myself for the lengthy stay in India, as the UK process can take a while!

We are staying at Rama. Look forward to seeing you all soon and sharing experiences and tips.

X
slinky

Postby Vanita » February 3rd, 2014, 9:44 am

Hi,

We are going for our second try and hope to be in Ananad 25 March. Did first (have done 7 cycles) ivf in India in Nove 2013. It failed was heartbroken. Trying both ivf and Surrogacy in March and scared of both the procedures failing.
Vanita
Vanita

Postby slinky » February 4th, 2014, 4:03 pm

Hi Vanita
fingers crossed for you. We had also tried many many times, so don't give up.

If you are staying at Rama, I'll be there for sometime.

I'll post our room no. once we arrive in India.

Take Care
Bee
x
slinky

Postby sunflower » February 5th, 2014, 4:17 pm

Hi all,
I have been following this forum for a while. I’d like to thank everybody who has contributed on all the different topics, and specially HammockGuy for creating it. Information has been extremely useful.
I’m glad to announce that our baby is due 2nd week of June and planning to be in Anand around 2nd week of May. Is anybody else going to be in Anand around this time? Eagerly awaiting 22-24 week scan/report soon!
sunflower

Postby sreepal » February 10th, 2014, 9:33 am

Hi Vanita

I have had 3 surgeries for my irregular uterus to get to normal shape, and then I had 1 IUI and then 1 IVF in USA in 2006 and 2007. After failing both, I came to know of Dr.Nayna in 2008 and have gone for an IVF in Dec'08. I carried for 8 weeks and then had a miscarriage. Again went for 2 IVF cycles in 2009 and 2010, both of them failing. Finally, I went for Surrogacy with Dr.Nayna in 2011. The surrogate carried our twins successfully for 3 months and then had an abortion on Nov 2nd 2011. I was heart-broken as you can imagine. It costed my physical health, mental health, several loans and a depressed ME. I had been married for more than 10 years by this time.
On Nov 23rd 2011, I had a stomach ache which was not going away and went to see my general physician, who, to my utter surprise, said that I was pregnant !! It happened naturally and shocked all of us. I was actually getting ready for another round of surrogacy with Dr.Nayna in december/january'12. Then I called her up and told her what was going on.. She was very happy and suggested that she will always be there if I have any questions during my pregnancy as well.
Long story cut short, I now have an 18-month-old son named Krithik, happy and healthy.

So please stay positive, healthy and believe in what you are doing. Everything happens as per our destiny. I am sure, you will get great results, and it will all be worth the efforts, money and pains.
Today, I do not even remember the pains I had gone thru to get pregnant from 2005 to 2011 (3 surgeries & 5 IVF's). You will surely reap the fruit, it is just a matter of time, believe me.

I am not a regular visitor of this site any more, but do login some times to just go back to those feelings :)
As soon as I saw your post, I could not wait to share my story with you.

Wish you tons of luck brave girl !!
sreepal

Postby Vanita » February 12th, 2014, 9:18 am

Thanks so much for your story, I have to keep trying and stay strong xxx
Vanita

Postby slinky » March 11th, 2014, 7:09 am

hi all

We have spent our 1st week in Anand now, staying at Rama Hotel.

Vanita - if you are are staying at Rama aswell, we are in room 309. Be great to chat.

x
slinky

Postby Aahhseayah » March 25th, 2014, 1:32 pm

Hello everybody! This is my first time on this site. I'm now officially a Dr. Patel client as of yesterday the 25th of March 2014. I flew in from newark airport threw Air India landing in Mumbai first. I had a 1.5 lay over that allowed me to stay on the plane so it was a direct flight. The flight was not bad I sleep just about the whole time. Yeah! I'M A pisces and we like to day dream and sleep. Mr. Uday was waiting for me at the airport gate 6 in Ahmedabad. I booked 2 days at the Madhubhan Resort because the other hotels had no way to book on line. However, I'm glade I did the Resort is beautiful with all kinds of options. In any event, reality is that I sold all of my fashions and just about everything I own to get me a baby(s). So, every dollar needs to be counted for if you know what I mean. Mr. Uday has arranged for me to get a room at the Rama hotel which is 2 blocks away from the clinic. I can walk or take a tuk tuk to and from if I like. Today I did some paper work, meet Dr. Patel and the whole staff. I had a sonogram done and will go back tomorrow for treatment. I seen other couples from the Uk, South Africa and Denver usa. The weather is very nice not to hot with cool breezes. Say hello if you are hear would love to support one another.
Aahhseayah

Postby slinky » April 10th, 2014, 1:42 am

Well so far I have been here since March 1st and our twins are now British citizens.
We are in the process of submitting our passport requests and then we wait.

Twins are doing well and seem to take great pleasure in depriving us of sleep but it's all good as my husband and I have waited a long time for privilege of being parents.

Willing to help anyone if you are here or if you want some guidance on the UK process.

Some helpful pointers for pending visitors :
Dr Patels new hospital is progressing well, this will include five serviced apartments a dedicated NICU and facilities to cope with all aspects of ivf and surrogacy.
Rama residency is still the best hotels for access to the current hospital. They take bookings by email.
There are other couples with new babies at the Rama so plenty of people to chat to and share experiences with.
Krishna children's hospital was our choice for care of our twins after birth. The nursing staff there are fantastic and the hospital is modern and clean.
There is no need to bring formula as the paediatrician will prescribe a good starting formula and the prices are quite reasonable. We did not bring any formula and our twins are doing fine.

That's all for now, take care all and good luck.

Slinky
slinky

Postby bmkoss » April 10th, 2014, 4:44 am

Hi Slinky
First and foremost, congrats on your twins! You hit the jackpot.
Can you please provide more information on Krishna Hospitl? We have heard go through Dr Anita. Is it walking distance from Akanksha?
Our baby is due in July and are starting to do some preparation and planning now.
Also, did Dr Patel give your a better idea on when to come out for baby pick up? Were you there for the birth?
I'm glad you posted about the formula. We were wondering about what to bring, so I guess you don't have to worry about that.
What baby items did you bring from home vs buying in Anand?

I appreciate your help. This forum is a Godsend.
Bill and Michelle
bmkoss

Postby slinky » April 10th, 2014, 10:26 am

Hi bill and Michelle,
Congratulations to you too.
Ok to answer your questions, we found that the Krishna children's hospital was cleaner and more akin to western hospitals. This hospital is about a 5-10 mins walk from the Akansha hospital.
Dr Anita's hospital is ok and closer but we did find the hospital a little run down and the surroundings very in hospitable. (No pun intended)

Best to email dr Patel about when to come, it is best to come before the birth so as not to incur a $2000 emergency charge.

You can get a prepaid taxi from Ahmedabad international airport to Anand for about 1600rupees (approx £16)
This is far cheaper than asking for a driver to pick you up from the Rama

Our babies were 1month premature so all the clothes we took with us did not fit. Too big. Thankfully we were given some preemy clothes by another couple staying here.
If your baby goes full term, standard new born clothes will do. There are plenty of baby shops nearby if you want to pick up some extra.
You can also buy a baby pod with mosquito net attached from one of the shops nearby. This is cheap and will also save you bringing one from home.
You can get diapers/nappies here so no need to load up on them either. The quality is not as good and the sizes are a little different but it saves you bringing them from home.
We purchased our own bottles and nipples from the uk. Playtex dropins and latex nipples are good as they are a disposable kit so less sterilising required and less collic etc.
We purchased our steriliser in anand which saved a lot of money.
We also purchased a breast pump in anand which was again cheaper than uk.
There is a shop called seven eleven where you can buy a huge range of baby products.
There is a pharmacy/chemist on almost every corner.
We have met so many couples at the Rama who have become very good friends, after all we share a common link.

Hope this helps and we can provide pictures of the stuff we bought if required.

Finally we would recommend you bring some food from home if you are likely to be here for a while and if you are from the uk that may be the case.
We brought some decent instant coffee, tea bags, jam, crisps, biscuits, baked beans and packet soups.
The staff at the Rama will reheat food for you.
The hotel will also provide an electric kettle if needed.

Please let us know where you are from, many of the couples here are from the US and India.

All the best
Slinky
slinky

Postby bmkoss » April 18th, 2014, 2:13 pm

Hi Slinky. Thanks so for your quick response. I would have responded sooner, but we have been out of town My husband and I are from the US. I believe we would be there for 2-3wks.
Were were told that Dr Anita is the one to go to, but I have heard that the hospital isn't as clean. Thanks for that tip.
When did you email (or receive an email) from Dr Patel on the due date? Since your babies were a month premature, were you there for the birth and Dr Patel give you enough notice? Or where you there after the birth?
We are going on week 29 and would like to start booking flights/hotel.
Sounds like you didn't need to bring much from home for the baby except for bottles/nipples. We bought a hot plate in Anand last time we were there, so we plan on using that.
If you can provide the pictures of the bottles that would be great. There are so many out there!
Is the pea pod something the baby sleeps in like a bassinette? I've not seen one before. Did you use a baby carrier? I know there are some cheap (not so great quality) at the 7-11
Last question, I promise. How did you get your babies home through airports and on the plane? Did you buy a seat for them or use the bassinette seats? Easy to get through security with bottles and formula?
Sorry it's too many questions. Any information you can provide would be helpful!
bmkoss

Postby slinky » April 19th, 2014, 11:07 pm

Hi bill and Michelle ,

My wife and I are still in anand staying at the Rama we are Brits and will be here for some time due to the lengthy checks by the uk passport authority.

The best way to describe the baby pods is that they look like a spongy mattress approx 3 feet in length with a mosquito net dome covering it. The dome is retractable via either zipper or in some versions it's wrapped over on one side. We have one each for our twins and they sleep in there most of the time.
We were told to come to india about a month before the birth and we were here in time as the babies were born two days after we arrived.
With regard to your arrival in India , email the clinic for guidance , we chose to come 5 weeks before which worked out perfectly,

Having spoken to other couples who have already returned home, for departure with babies who are very young you will need a fit to fly letter from the paediatrician .
The airlines still have issues with liquids taken onto the plane so a lot of people just take the powder formula and mix as required on the plane. When you book your return flights ask for bassinet seats and the airline will provide them for you if the seats are available.
Look into playtex dropins which are a disposable liner. This systems will mean you only need to have enough nipples for you flight home and reduce the need to have many bottles and cleaning etc whilst in flight.

The playtex system is available in the states and you can get a starter pack.
Send me a private message and I will attach some pictures.

You can get hot water from the cabin crew so you can easily sterilise nipples on the plane.
Anther couple here from NYC used sterilisation tablets.

Take care and hope this helps

Slinky
slinky

Postby Pebble » April 22nd, 2014, 4:45 pm

Hi Slinky

I am new to this forum. I stay in UK and would be coming to Anand on 2nd May 2014 with my husband. We have scheduled a donor egg and surrogacy cycle with dr Patel
We would be staying a Rama Residency.
If fine with you, I would like to meet you to discuss the procedure for taking baby home in UK; I understand that the procedures for the same especially for UK are quite tough.
I will email my room number once I am in Rama.
Your advice would be very helpful.
Pebble

Postby slinky » April 22nd, 2014, 7:36 pm

Hi Pebble , it's fine with us and we are happy to help where we can.
slinky

PreviousNext

Return to Topic-focused Discussions