Awaiting twins???

Re: Awaiting twins???

Postby pinkbunny » July 6th, 2015, 1:58 am

Hello! You must be excited! Have you told anyone yet (besides the forum)? How are you going to break the news??
pinkbunny

Postby jenniemack » July 14th, 2015, 3:04 pm

Hey! We are soooo excited that we've told our families and close friends (we're at week 14). I've read so many different perspectives on when to tell/whom to tell, but ultimately just couldn't keep quiet about it. We haven't told acquaintances or coworkers yet, though. How about you? What did you decide to do?
--Jen
jenniemack

Postby pinkbunny » July 14th, 2015, 11:38 pm

Heya,

We told my parents and one or two friends who don't live in the same city as us. I'm waiting for my 22 week scan and report before I tell my best friend. She's also trying for children at the moment, and I have a feeling her initial reaction will be shock and maybe some feelings of me abandoning her in the "journey" to have children. If I tell her the news any later than that, I'm afraid she may have some sort of resentment for surprising her with the news so late. I had a miscarriage once and made the mistake of telling some people.. So I definitely don't wanna have to back track and tell people it's not happening, etc. Of course, I pray every day that things will go smoothly! :)

Additionally, there are a lot of ignorant people who don't understand what surrogacy is, and I'm not sure what their reactions will be.. Did u get a lot of weird responses?
pinkbunny

Postby pinkbunny » September 4th, 2015, 9:37 am

Hi there!

We received an email today that our surrogate is having contractions and she has been admitted to the hospital. We are at 29+4. They gave her the relevant drugs and her contractions have stopped but the email also said "she May delivery anytime".

Anyone received an email like this? Do you know what kinda timeframe we have to work with here? Do we leave in 3 days or 3 weeks?

*sweating* :o
pinkbunny

Postby spanky » September 4th, 2015, 11:17 am

Oh wow. Yes, my daughter was born at 25 weeks. Imagine our surprise. We didn't even have travel visas when we heard. I would not hesitate to be talking to Dr. Nayna directly on the phone to get updates. Try to stay calm and my thoughts are with you. PM me if you want to talk directly. It sounds like you should start accelerating all your travel plans..
spanky

Previous

Return to Topic-focused Discussions