Your man can't make it?

Your man can't make it?

Postby HammockGuy » August 12th, 2011, 1:13 am

Place-holder...

This topic is for those who would like to freeze their sperm and transport the goods to Dr. Patel's clinic in Anand. I have some info, that I just need to find..

Ok, just found an email from Dr. Patel regarding cryobanks that can or have shipped sperm successfully to her clinic:

FedEx

MARY T COPPOLI 110
UNIVERSITY OF ILLIONOIS AND CHICAGO
840 SOUTH WOOD STREET, ROOM- 132
CHICAGO, IL 60612
USA

California Cryobank Inc
700 Welch Road
Palo Alto, CA 94304 - 1519
USA

Michael Geltinger
Genetics and IVF Institute
3015 Williams Drive
Fairfax, VA 22031
USA
Ph – 703 698 3912

Cryos International
New York LLC
90 Maiden Lane
10038 New York
USA
Ph – 212 430 5950
Four cycles with Dr. Nayana Patel, with the first and fourth giving us two beautiful, healthy baby girls! Persistence and determination are often rewarded, so stay the course...
HammockGuy
Father of 2 girls - Thanks Dr. Patel!

Re: Your man can't make it?

Postby redsox » October 19th, 2011, 11:29 am

Hi just wondering has anyone used any of these companies to send frozen sperm successfully to Dr Patel? Also just wondering did the frozen sperm lead to pregnancy or would you recommend flying over for husband? Thanks for any help.
redsox

Postby spanky » October 19th, 2011, 2:18 pm

I used California cryo in palo alto. We were successful. You need to be careful what you tell them you are doing though. Email me for more details but basically don't mention Ivf or anonymous egg donors. Just bank the sperm. Then when that Is done tell them where to ship it and that it is for Ivf treatment between husband and wife.
spanky

Postby anchau » October 20th, 2011, 3:21 pm

redsox wrote:Hi just wondering has anyone used any of these companies to send frozen sperm successfully to Dr Patel? Also just wondering did the frozen sperm lead to pregnancy or would you recommend flying over for husband? Thanks for any help.

On our first cycle with fresh sperms and result was negative. I left backup sperms samples with Dr. Patel for frozen on my first visit, which was used for our 2nd cycle and resulted positive with a twins. I met a few couples picking up babies when I was in India and they were also from backup frozen sample sperms.
anchau

Postby redsox » October 21st, 2011, 7:44 am

Thanks so much for the replies. Spanky thanks for the info re what to tell the clinic - that is a good heads up. We are hoping to freeze husband sperm with clinic here in CT and then send to Dr Patel. The clinic will freeze no problem but they dont ship - I will have to arrange that. Will have to look into FEDEX for shipping but just so worried re x-raying and whether that will effect quality of sperm etc... Thanks so much for all the help :)
redsox

Postby gumgum » June 4th, 2012, 10:08 pm

Redsox, we are in this situation now. Did you end up using FedEX for shipping? Did you find out anything about Xraying? Was it successful? Thanks.
gumgum

Postby gumgum » June 4th, 2012, 10:11 pm

Thank you Hammockguy!
gumgum

Postby Phoenix » May 1st, 2014, 1:19 pm

We used Cryos in NYC and sent my husband's sperm to Anand. We said it was for my IVF use. We have twin girls born March 11, 2014. Return postage for cryo container is included in postage price. We needed MD note to get my husbands sperm washed frozen shipped. We had shipment in July monsoon season, it made it to Anand right before my egg retrieval. I was a bit worried, I would suggest getting it done at least a month in advance.
Phoenix

Return to Topic-focused Discussions