Egg donation

Egg donation

Postby HammockGuy » August 12th, 2011, 12:16 pm

Place-holder...

I'm aware of people who sourced eggs through Dr. Patel's clinic, and those who brought a family member to Anand who went through IVF stimulation process...

This was a topic on the old forum that received a fair amount of interest.
Four cycles with Dr. Nayana Patel, with the first and fourth giving us two beautiful, healthy baby girls! Persistence and determination are often rewarded, so stay the course...
HammockGuy
Father of 2 girls - Thanks Dr. Patel!

Re: Egg donation

Postby anchau » August 13th, 2011, 3:33 am

We used egg donor and expecting Twins sometime in Dec. From our experience:

1. Once you decided that you want to start the process, you let Dr. Patel know that you want to use egg donor. My understanding is that Dr. Patel currently only has Indian egg donors.
2. About 2-3 months, Dr. Patel will send you the available egg donors' profiles with pictures.
3. You select one and let Dr. Patel know your selection. We had three egg donors to select from on our 1st try, but Dr. Patel had only one available for us on the second try.
4. Dr. patel will then send you the date when you should arrive for your sperm samples. We left a couple of back-up samples just in case the 1 cycle fails and we glad that we did because the 1st cycle was not successful. You paid extra (~Rp 3000) for 2 backup samples.
5. You will arrive the day before the retrieval date. Dr. Patel will schedule meeting with you, normally on the morning of the egg retrieval date.
- You'll meet Dr. patel's husband to go over paper work,
- meet with Dr. Patel for Q&A,
- give your sperm samples,
- meet with the surrogate, and
- then go with the lawyer to his office to go sign the legal doc.
This takes a while so eat a good meal of breakfast.
6. On the egg retrieval day, you provide Sperm sample to the clinic. you can either get your Sperm sample in your hotel room and bring it to the clinic or do it at the clinic. I found it hard to do it at the clinic due the condition in the room. If you decided to get your sperm samples from home, Dr. Patel will provide you the sperm kit.
7. On the transfer day, normally the 3rd day after the retrieval date, you will be asked to provide your backup Sperm samples if you decided to do that.

Note that you may want to stay extra day if you want to be there when Dr. Patel does the embryos transfer. We didn't know and we had to leave the before the transfer to catch our flight home.
anchau

Postby Beagle » August 14th, 2011, 11:32 pm

Hi Anchau,

Congrats on the twins!

we all also have twins due on Dec 25 - based on the LMP. May see you in Anand :D

Your points are exactly what I went through and I agree with using your hotel room - HG had some great video of the clinics room which shows the ambience :lol: needless to say I didn't find that clip till after I returned - I think I have some photos that I will post.

If I can add to your points, I had stayed a bit longer and got to see the fertilized egg (under microscope) just before transfer into the surrogate. For me that was worth the extra stay and I also had the bonus of meeting the surrogate twice. I wish DW was with me. DW didnt come as we thought it was a straight, unattached, fly in, fly out. I was wrong, i found it a wonderful emotional experience and I think DW would have also enjoyed it.

Dr Patel invited me to visit the surrogate accommodation however I had to fly to Mumbai - I wanted to see some of India and do some investigation of hotels and flights before I came home - the World Cup Cricket (which India won) happened to be on, however I assured DW that wasn't the reason I went to Mumbai :D :D

I guess I can support Australia and India now :D
Father to 2 beautiful girls.
Beagle

Postby anchau » August 16th, 2011, 2:23 pm

Thanks Beagle and same to you on your Twins!
Our expected date is around the end of Dec. But Twins normally arrive around the 35th week. So I' ll be there early Dec and definitely may see each other in Anand. I plan to stay at Rama Residency since it is closes to the clinic and NICU. Which hotel are you planning on staying?
anchau

Postby HammockGuy » August 16th, 2011, 3:28 pm

wow, 4 little ones right there! Congratulations to you both. Holiday babies! Tough to get hotel rooms during the wedding season, so plan early...

Please use our Stage threads to discuss what you all are experiencing now, and of course planning. That would be Stage 3, Awaiting birth... They are not so topic-bound like these threads.
Four cycles with Dr. Nayana Patel, with the first and fourth giving us two beautiful, healthy baby girls! Persistence and determination are often rewarded, so stay the course...
HammockGuy

Postby HammockGuy » August 16th, 2011, 3:29 pm

anchau wrote:We used egg donor and expecting Twins sometime in Dec. From our experience:

1. Once you decided that you want to start the process, you let Dr. Patel know that you want to use egg donor. My understanding is that Dr. Patel currently only has Indian egg donors.
2. About 2-3 months, Dr. Patel will send you the available egg donors' profiles with pictures.
3. You select one and let Dr. Patel know your selection. We had three egg donors to select from on our 1st try, but Dr. Patel had only one available for us on the second try.
4. Dr. patel will then send you the date when you should arrive for your sperm samples. We left a couple of back-up samples just in case the 1 cycle fails and we glad that we did because the 1st cycle was not successful. You paid extra (~Rp 3000) for 2 backup samples.
5. You will arrive the day before the retrieval date. Dr. Patel will schedule meeting with you, normally on the morning of the egg retrieval date.
- You'll meet Dr. patel's husband to go over paper work,
- meet with Dr. Patel for Q&A,
- give your sperm samples,
- meet with the surrogate, and
- then go with the lawyer to his office to go sign the legal doc.
This takes a while so eat a good meal of breakfast.
6. On the egg retrieval day, you provide Sperm sample to the clinic. you can either get your Sperm sample in your hotel room and bring it to the clinic or do it at the clinic. I found it hard to do it at the clinic due the condition in the room. If you decided to get your sperm samples from home, Dr. Patel will provide you the sperm kit.
7. On the transfer day, normally the 3rd day after the retrieval date, you will be asked to provide your backup Sperm samples if you decided to do that.

Note that you may want to stay extra day if you want to be there when Dr. Patel does the embryos transfer. We didn't know and we had to leave the before the transfer to catch our flight home.

Exactly what I was hoping someone would post! Thank you.
HammockGuy

Postby Beagle » August 17th, 2011, 3:51 pm

anchau wrote:Thanks Beagle and same to you on your Twins!
Our expected date is around the end of Dec. But Twins normally arrive around the 35th week. So I' ll be there early Dec and definitely may see each other in Anand. I plan to stay at Rama Residency since it is closes to the clinic and NICU. Which hotel are you planning on staying?

Rama also ! The resort would be nice, however I want to minimize tuk tuk rides :D :D and would rather have the ability to easily walk to and from the doctors - as you pointed out - so 35 weeks would be mid Nov, so maybe able to have Christmas back home? Feel free to PM Anchau

Thanks for the tip HG on wedding season. May be worthwhile booking soon. At $30 per night maybe worth the risk to just book the rooms now and cop the cancellations if necessary.
Father to 2 beautiful girls.
Beagle

Postby Mnana » May 12th, 2012, 12:56 pm

I was plannig to go to Dr.Patel in July for surrogacy, but with a big disappointment i got the blood test results with very low FSH and LH. Let me know if i use a donor egg, how much of extra i have to spend for that approximately?
Mnana

Postby anchau » May 13th, 2012, 2:23 am

Manna
We used egg donor last year and we didn't have to pay the egg donor fee. We just had to pay for the IVF treatment, which was around $6500 per Ivf treatment. We had to go through 2 cycles since the 1st ivf cycle was negative. We had twins on the 2nd cycle.

Wish you the best
anchau

Postby Mnana » May 13th, 2012, 3:26 am

Dear anchau,
Thanks for your infomation. Are the egg donors only from anand, just like surrogate mothers?
Mnana

Postby anchau » May 13th, 2012, 7:34 pm

Mnana,

Egg donors from Dr. Patel are Indian. I would think they are from Anand and surrounding areas, but I am not sure. You can bring your own egg donor if you have one from where you come from.
anchau

Postby rabbit3872 » May 14th, 2012, 8:32 am

We saw 2 egg donors from the US here over the last few weeks. I didn't ask the ladies if they were here for a specific person or if their eggs were being frozen. Just thought I'd let you know about this in case you want to check w/Dr. Patel about it, perhaps they have some eggs from the US available...just thought I'd let you know what we have seen here recently.
rabbit3872

Postby Mnana » May 15th, 2012, 10:44 am

hi Rabit, thanks for your information...
Mnana

Postby snv1979 » May 23rd, 2012, 9:14 am

Hi,

Can someone who has used a Donor Egg, let us know what names would appear on the Birth Certificate & Passport? Would it be that of the Intended Father & Intended Mother or Intended Father & Unknown?

Do different countries handle it differently?

All information of Donor Egg cycle welcome, however basic.

Thanks for all your help,

Best wishes
snv1979

Postby spanky » May 23rd, 2012, 10:01 am

Dr. Patel will put IPs on the Indian birth certificate. The validity and legality of this in your own country is different though. Our example in the US with Indian egg donor was that the US Consulate issued a new certificate with only my (fathers) name on it and no mother listed. This is because a child is automatically a US citizen if born of one US citizen parent anywhere in the world. So it was a legal grey area of my wife's legal parental standing. Most likely not an issue, but in case of my death or someone biologically related to me trying to claim guardianship she decided to do a second parent adoption to make everything legally clear.
spanky

Postby Mnana » April 14th, 2014, 2:22 pm

Is anyone know or did embryo donation for surrogacy? We left 4 good quality frozen embryos after blastocyst with dr.patel. Though Our first attempt was successfull with a baby girl. Since we can not afford to a second attempt i would like to know if it is possible to donate our frozen embryos to some couple who needs them rather discard them ?
Mnana

Return to Topic-focused Discussions