anchau wrote:We used egg donor and expecting Twins sometime in Dec. From our experience:
1. Once you decided that you want to start the process, you let Dr. Patel know that you want to use egg donor. My understanding is that Dr. Patel currently only has Indian egg donors.
2. About 2-3 months, Dr. Patel will send you the available egg donors' profiles with pictures.
3. You select one and let Dr. Patel know your selection. We had three egg donors to select from on our 1st try, but Dr. Patel had only one available for us on the second try.
4. Dr. patel will then send you the date when you should arrive for your sperm samples. We left a couple of back-up samples just in case the 1 cycle fails and we glad that we did because the 1st cycle was not successful. You paid extra (~Rp 3000) for 2 backup samples.
5. You will arrive the day before the retrieval date. Dr. Patel will schedule meeting with you, normally on the morning of the egg retrieval date.
- You'll meet Dr. patel's husband to go over paper work,
- meet with Dr. Patel for Q&A,
- give your sperm samples,
- meet with the surrogate, and
- then go with the lawyer to his office to go sign the legal doc.
This takes a while so eat a good meal of breakfast.
6. On the egg retrieval day, you provide Sperm sample to the clinic. you can either get your Sperm sample in your hotel room and bring it to the clinic or do it at the clinic. I found it hard to do it at the clinic due the condition in the room. If you decided to get your sperm samples from home, Dr. Patel will provide you the sperm kit.
7. On the transfer day, normally the 3rd day after the retrieval date, you will be asked to provide your backup Sperm samples if you decided to do that.
Note that you may want to stay extra day if you want to be there when Dr. Patel does the embryos transfer. We didn't know and we had to leave the before the transfer to catch our flight home.
anchau wrote:Thanks Beagle and same to you on your Twins!
Our expected date is around the end of Dec. But Twins normally arrive around the 35th week. So I' ll be there early Dec and definitely may see each other in Anand. I plan to stay at Rama Residency since it is closes to the clinic and NICU. Which hotel are you planning on staying?
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest