The Weeks of Pregnancy

The Weeks of Pregnancy

Postby HammockGuy » September 9th, 2013, 10:54 am

Thank you Nava10 for the idea...

While most discuss such in the "Awaiting Birth" phase in the forum, there is now a dedicated topic here for you to ask questions and share experiences during the many anguishing weeks of pregnancy. And speaking of such, how many weeks of pregnancy is normal or typical, to be expected? For our first daughter, I think it was 38 weeks, and 35 or 36 with the 2nd one. From my recollection, most births tend to be sooner, particularly twins...

Ok, a new topic has been created. Have at it!
Four cycles with Dr. Nayana Patel, with the first and fourth giving us two beautiful, healthy baby girls! Persistence and determination are often rewarded, so stay the course...
HammockGuy
Father of 2 girls - Thanks Dr. Patel!

Re: The Weeks of Pregnancy

Postby ceciliame » September 22nd, 2013, 6:31 am

Thank you so much Hammockguy for creating this topic as per Nava's request. We are expecting twins due in dec 13 as per Dr Nayana's prediction. However, we are wondering what is the average for twins to be born? Can couples with twins share their babies birth week with us here? We are in our 23 weeks now..keeping our fingers crossed...
ceciliame

Postby Phoenix » April 30th, 2014, 7:53 pm

My twin girls were born at 35 weeks. When Dr. Patel removed Cervical stitch my surrogate was already dilated 1 cm. We scheduled C-section for the next day. while staying at Rama I met some other twins born at 32 weeks. Some singleton births go til 37 weeks.
Phoenix

Postby shefali » May 1st, 2014, 4:11 am

thank you sharing this post. i would like to be a surrogate mother but i do not knew the process and anything about surrogacy :/
Complete your family with surrogacy in india
shefali

Postby sambdds » August 18th, 2014, 10:59 am

Anybody pregnant now, we are at 10 weeks with twins. Very nervous, just taking it day to day. I am up three times every night checking emails hoping not to see anything negative (no news is good news I guess). We are trying to be positive and just hoping for the best.
sambdds

Postby harveyjassal » March 7th, 2015, 9:12 am

Hi we are a uk London based couple at very early stages of our pregnancy 7 weeks, with our surrogate we love to here back from anyone in the uk who who is due to have their happy delivered this August / September . We have just got back from India and have been to see the new hospital and given lots of feedback to Dr Patel to get this forum back up and online as its a valuable source of information for us parents and the only online based community to get in touch with other couples. Would really lob to hear back from anyone.
Parents to a beautiful angel born in September 2015 thanks to DR Patel.
harveyjassal

Postby poddy » March 8th, 2015, 4:34 am

Hi harveyjassal

Firstly, want to thank Hammockguy for getting the forum back up. Secondly, congratulations harveyjassal on your good news.
Harveyjassal we will be in India mid October. We are from UK and are expecting our first baby in mid October. We are very much at our early stages and very excited but dreading the bureaucracy and logistics of bringing our baby back.
We are only at 5 weeks pregnancy so things are just sinking in. Panicking about getting documentation ready.
Hope to see you out in India if you guys are still there when we get there.
poddy

Postby HammockGuy » March 8th, 2015, 7:56 am

Hi poddy,

Thanks for posting and helping out.

Just a quick note that after the forum being down since last fall due to another very poor host, I engaged a friend and board member, Spanky. He took it upon himself to secure a paid host and resurrect the forum there. We are both very happy to have the forum back, hoping that it can continue helping others...

While poking-around last night, with the aim of cleaning things up more, it looks like I lost the color theme and image on top! Sorry about that Spanky. Bare with us here while we get this sorted-out...

Back to the discussion (The Weeks of Pregnancy).
Four cycles with Dr. Nayana Patel, with the first and fourth giving us two beautiful, healthy baby girls! Persistence and determination are often rewarded, so stay the course...
HammockGuy
Father of 2 girls - Thanks Dr. Patel!

Postby pinkbunny » March 16th, 2015, 10:57 pm

I'm so glad the forum is back up. Right before we went to Anand the forum went down and we could not retrieve all the necessary information about what to bring etc. Nonetheless we survived.

We just received a positive result so we are right about 1 - 2 weeks behind Poddy. There are still so many months to go so we are just praying things go smoothly. I find myself over analyzing everything. Can't wait to see the ultrasound scan so we can see what's going on. We are also newbies to this. Good luck everybody! :D
pinkbunny

Postby poddy » March 17th, 2015, 1:49 am

Hi pinkbunny

Congratulations on you news. I know exactly how you feel but we are using a surrogate so not literally! :D
Anyway I hope things progress well for you guys.
I have found this forum really useful and hope it stays up for all others. Perhaps we will meet India at pick up as we are a couple from UK and we usually are stuck out India for a minimum of 4-6 months. We will most likely be out there when you come down.

Xx
poddy

Postby pinkbunny » March 27th, 2015, 8:25 am

Is it possible to visit my surrogate? Can I just show up? Has anyone done this? My friend is still in Anand at the moment and went to the house to visit my surrogate but was not allowed to. He was told that she was doing well though.
pinkbunny

Postby spanky » March 27th, 2015, 10:32 am

Hi pinkbunny, we visited our surrogate a few years ago and saw a second surrogate house they had at the time as well. I think as long as you communicate with Dr. Nayna or Hitesh it should be fine. As far as sending a friend, I can't say for sure, but I am not surprised they didn't let someone show up unannounced. I would just call Nayna or Hitesh and ask them if it is OK.
spanky

Postby pinkbunny » March 27th, 2015, 8:28 pm

Ok, makes sense. Thanks Spanky!
pinkbunny

Postby pinkbunny » April 24th, 2015, 10:41 pm

Hi there,

May I know what kind of report you would expect at 10 weeks? Are there any pictures? Am so worried all the time here, 3 weeks in between check-ups can be an arduous wait. It's hard not knowing much on this end of the world!
pinkbunny

Postby poddy » April 29th, 2015, 1:02 pm

Hi Natalie

Sorry for the delay in responding. It's been hectic and I just did not get a chance to reply. Our surrogate got had a seven-week scan and then a 12 week scan. There was no news in between. I actually emailed Dr Patel and asked for an update once in awhile to check on our surrogate and our baby. Her responses are always very brief and succinct. This can be a little disappointing at times when you just want that bit of extra information to put your mind at ease and feel like you're part of the whole process. This is difficult when you're thousands of miles away and not in control. I think I am getting used to it now and just go with the flow. Enjoy the fact that you are pregnant and assume that no news is good news.

Good luck

Kind regards

Poddy
poddy

Postby pinkbunny » April 29th, 2015, 8:58 pm

Hey Poddy!

It's great to hear from you. Definitely been a testing time for me. I'm just trying to keep busy here so that the next report / scan comes quicker. Trying not to worry is difficult!
pinkbunny

Next

Return to Topic-focused Discussions