The Weeks of Pregnancy

Re: The Weeks of Pregnancy

Postby poddy » May 2nd, 2015, 11:49 am

Hi pink bunny. I think I have gone past the stage of being apprehensive when I have not heard anything. It is very difficult to imagine that your child is thousands of miles away and feeling in control is very difficult. I think you have to trust in the process and have faith in the people involved.

We have had our 12 week scan and so now reality is hitting home a bit than before. We are just in the process of getting the paperwork together and then hopefully in a couple of months we will start getting organised for the baby.

Kind regards Poddy
poddy

Postby pinkbunny » May 4th, 2015, 3:25 am

I get excited looking at all the baby stuff out there. Trying to not buy anything until a little later. While shopping online, I just add these things into my cart, stare at them for half the night and then not purchase.. It's weird, I know! I'll start purchasing these things in a couple of weeks I think.
pinkbunny

Postby poddy » May 4th, 2015, 12:44 pm

Hyping funny.

I am exactly the same as you. I'm scouring the Internet looking at baby paraphernalia and going a bit cuckoo in the head with it all. Having said that I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I don't think I'll be buying anything for a couple of months yet as I am still a little bit nervous.
Do you know where you will be staying in Anand when you pick up your baby? Perhaps we will bump into each other! Anyway enjoy virtual shopping and hope things are going well.
Kind regards Poddy
poddy

Postby pinkbunny » May 4th, 2015, 9:08 pm

The new hospital is supposed to be ready by the time we go back, so I'm not sure if I'll be staying there or Rama again. My mom is likely to come along though. We just past the 12 week Mark, no news is good news I guess. Our 13 week scan is coming up next week, I pray everyday that things will go well. *crosses fingers*

I read that sometimes babies come early, surprise, so after the 6 month (24 weeks) Mark, you could receive a surprise email to fly in the next day. Hopefully they stay till term of course, but I hope to have some immediate necessities ready at 6 months. :)
pinkbunny

Postby jenniemack » July 14th, 2015, 3:39 pm

Hey Poddy and Pinkbunny--
Congratulations! It sounds like we're all giddy, huh? Does it even seem real? I haven't started shopping yet, because honestly it's all a little unreal. Have you received any legal documents? We haven't received anything yet. Just waiting...!
jenniemack

Postby pinkbunny » July 14th, 2015, 11:50 pm

Hello,

I didn't get any legal documents. I don't think you'll receive it till much later. I only got scans and reports. :D
pinkbunny

Postby jenniemack » July 27th, 2015, 8:24 am

Thanks, Pinkbunny. How are things going for you? We're into week 16. We pressed a bit, and the legal paperwork arrived. My husband's out of town, so we'll review it when he's back later in the week. I'll let you know our thoughts, if you're curious. Dr. Patel informed us that it is illegal in India to learn the sex of the babies in advance. We were very surprised and need to educate ourselves on this cultural difference. Did you hear the same?
Sending good thoughts your way--
Jen
jenniemack

Postby pinkbunny » July 28th, 2015, 8:48 am

Hello,

I didn't get any paperwork sent to me.. Anyway, did they acknowledge when you sent money over? They didn't give me a "yes we received it" email, but since I wired it there, I presume it didn't get lost.

Yeah, it's the law in India that they can't tell us the gender. Considering how famous Dr Patel is, I'm sure she won't want any scandal within her practice. I tried to get people to read the gender from the pictures of my ultrasound on this website called "in gender" or something like that. Lots of people post the ultrasound pics and other people guess. But they said my pix were specifically cut off at the right place so the gender can't be told from the ultrasounds. Well, we will have to do it the old fashioned way then - a surprise!!

To tell the truth, it has been pretty nerve-wrecking for me the entire way. I guess I'm a worrier so I sometimes can't help it. When work gets busy for me, it feels much better as my mind won't be thinking about everything all the time. I'm eagerly waiting my week 25 check up next week and I pray pray pray that everything is OK. :)
pinkbunny

Postby smitha2015 » August 2nd, 2015, 9:49 pm

Hello Pinkbunny

We are expecting baby in sept 2015 and we are originally from India staying in US. Dr.
You can keep your proofs of transactions and sent an email with all the amounts you already sent, then she will reply to your email.

Thanks
Smitha
smitha2015

Postby jenniemack » September 8th, 2015, 7:31 am

Hi Smitha, Poddy, and Pinkbunny--

How are you all doing? We're looking forward to week 22 scans this week. How are things going for you? Have you set up the nursery yet? I keep waiting to start, though I don't know what I am waiting for. When are you traveling to India? We are planning in flying over the second week in December.
jenniemack

Postby pinkbunny » September 8th, 2015, 9:56 am

Hello!

We are currently on standby. We received an urgent email that our surrogate had labor contractions and delivey can happen anytime. Bless her heart.

We were going to fly in on October 1 but have since moved the flights forward, and will play it by ear. Everyday that they stay inside is a blessing. We are waiting for our 30 week scan which is going to happen tomorrow.

On the shopping front, I have bought just about everything by week 29 (last week) as there was a baby fair in town and the prices were good. However, the cribs have not been set up yet. I guess the shopping was the fun part. Have fun shopping!

I pray they stay inside! :) :)
pinkbunny

Postby jenniemack » September 20th, 2015, 3:25 pm

Hey pinkbunny!

How are things going? I'm sending tons of good thoughts to you!!
jenniemack

Postby pinkbunny » September 22nd, 2015, 10:19 am

Hi guys!
The twins were born today, a boy and a girl. They were 32+1 or 31+5 (the EDD changed midway), and both around 3lb 8 oz (1550-1600g). Coincidentally, by husband also landed in Anand today, around 2 hours after their birth. I hope we can get out of the emergency fee!
I would say you gotta be prepared for twins to arrive early. I will know more on the status of the twins when he gives me the details.. I'll be in Anand shortly.
pinkbunny

Postby spanky » September 22nd, 2015, 11:13 am

Congratulations, pinkbunny. Wishing you a safe and easy journey and healthy babies. Keep us posted as you can.
spanky

Postby Millie3 » September 23rd, 2015, 4:13 am

Congratulations pinkbunny, reading all your feedback has been great this forum has been excellent. I will be there on 12th October with my wife to start the ball rolling. We are travelling from Ireland so any one on here from Ireland with any help would be much appreciated. Best of luck to you guys :P
Millie3

Postby pinkbunny » September 23rd, 2015, 12:04 pm

Hi Spanky and thanks for the congratulations :) The babies are in the NICU at the moment and we were told a minimum of 15 days, possibly 21. :( We are grateful to have come this far though. :)

Millie3 > We were very very lucky to have conceived the first time round at Dr Patel's. However, of the batch of couples that I met in February, the success rate was about 50%. Another girl who was there on her 3rd round told me that during her last batch only 1 out of 8 couples was successful. The success rate really does vary with every batch and we have met people who ended up in heartbreak. I'm not trying to sound awful, but just trying to show the reality of it. Some people conceived on their 2nd round, and some on their 5th even. If you guys are using your own fresh eggs I would say try to pick a surrogate that starts her period around the same time as your wife for that cycle. After all it's a science and the timing of implantation is crucial, unless you're going to use frozen embryos, then that doesn't matter. Best of luck!

I may still be at the Rama during that time.
pinkbunny

PreviousNext

Return to Topic-focused Discussions