New Akansha Hospital & Research Institute

New Akansha Hospital & Research Institute

Postby spanky » February 16th, 2016, 5:07 pm

Per request this topic is for discussion of the new hospital recently opened in Anand.

Akansha Hospital & Research Institute
Near Shrushti English Medium School
Opp. Guruvillas Bungalows
Lambhvel, Anand 388001

Phone number: +91 2692 307300
spanky

Re: New Akansha Hospital & Research Institute

Postby OCIinIndia » February 16th, 2016, 10:36 pm

As you may know, Dr. Nayana Patel opened the new hospital in December 2015. It would be great to get info about the non-medical facilities at the new hospital, places around it, accommodation options in walking distance if any, etc.

I have attached the invitation of the hospital inauguration which shows the hospital location map and medical facilities available (not sure if they are all available currently or in the pipeline).

I think the surrogates have all been shifted to accommodation located at the new hospital. I know our surrogate has been shifted there.

If you have been to the new hospital, please share any information you have about it.
Attachments
img-1.jpg
New hospital opening invitation page 2 showing the team and medical facilities
(473.86 KiB) Not downloaded yet
img-0.jpg
New hospital opening invitation page 1 showing the location map
(527.03 KiB) Not downloaded yet
OCIinIndia

Postby HammockGuy » February 24th, 2016, 9:03 am

OCIinIndia, thanks so much for this information!

We had been hearing for quite some time about the new hospital, and it's great to hear and see that this has been realized. Wow.

I received an email moments ago that Dr. Patel will be in Toronto this May. Also mentioned was the new hospital, which prompted me to come here and look...

In the email was this FB link:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dr-Nayan ... tos_stream

Spanky - Thanks for the new topic! Hope you and the family are well...
Four cycles with Dr. Nayana Patel, with the first and fourth giving us two beautiful, healthy baby girls! Persistence and determination are often rewarded, so stay the course...
HammockGuy
Father of 2 girls - Thanks Dr. Patel!

Postby RajKoothrapalli » February 29th, 2016, 8:57 am

I understand that it is quite close to Zydus Hospital (http://www.zydushospitals.com/Anand/index.php#)? I believe that most surrogates are moved to Zydus for delivery. Our surrogate was also moved there from the older Surrogate House (previous clinic). The place is very expensive though and we also found that their approach was more "commercial". One lady from the US had twins and they were at Zydus for a long time. Not only did she run up a huge bill, she was unhappy that they mixed up the twins. If you're at Zydus, make sure you monitor everything closely!

We moved our baby out of Zydus as soon as we could discharge him and requested Dr. Anita (her clinic is very close to Rama Residency, where we were staying) to accept him as her patient. She was super helpful and the couple of times we needed her help for regular checkups, getting a no clearance to fly etc. she took us in right away. It's also open 24 hrs. and we took him there in the night once when he was colicky and crying more than usual.

I wonder if new patients are encouraged to stay at the new facility now?
RajKoothrapalli

Postby OCIinIndia » February 29th, 2016, 9:58 pm

Dear RajKoothrapalli,

Thanks for the info. I am curious when your surrogate delivered and wondering if the delivery was done at Zydus because they were in the process of moving to the new hospital or if they are doing it even now.

I hear Dr. Biraj Thakker is the pediatrician now. I am not sure if he goes to the new hospital or if he is at Zydus only.

I also heard there is accommodation for parents at the new hospital. Would be great to get info from anyone who has stayed there,

Thanks!
OCIinIndia

Postby RajKoothrapalli » March 1st, 2016, 7:52 am

Hi OCIinIndia,

I believe that was the case. Dr. Biraj Thakker was our pediatrician for the first couple of days until we discharged our baby from Zydus and moved him under Dr. Anita's care (near Rama Residency). She used to work at Zydus previously and has now moved to Dr. Nayana's new facility. We only interacted with her briefly, but she appeared to be quite competent.

When we had gone to Anand for the first time (2014), many people had their babies under Dr. Anita's care, but I believe that in preparation for the move to the new facility, they had started using Zydus as the default hospital for delivery.

No idea how the new facilities are, but they should be quite comfortable. Yes, from what I heard, it is a "one-stop-shop" and there is accommodation for new parents, but I'm not sure what the pricing is. Also heard that Madhuban Hotel (http://www.madhubhanresortandspa.com/) caters the food at the new hospital.
RajKoothrapalli

Postby OCIinIndia » March 3rd, 2016, 11:51 pm

Thanks RajKoothrapalli. So it sounds like your last visit was before they moved to the new hospital in Dec. 2015.

If Madhuban hotel (which is probably the nicest hotel in Anand) is catering, then I would guess that it is quite expensive.

Still hoping for feedback from someone with firsthand experience at the new hospital.
OCIinIndia

Postby pilarg18 » June 3rd, 2016, 10:22 am

We're at the new clinic now. It's a very nice facility, quite modern. We're staying in one of the on-site rooms and our new baby is able to stay in the room with us; I believe our access to him would otherwise be limited to visiting hours. There are five types of rooms and the daily rates include "room," "care," and "Doctor." The types of rooms are Special (3800 INR), Silver (7500 INR), Golden (12000 INR), Diamond (15000 INR), and Platinum (18000 INR). The nursing staff is very attentive and comes to check on the baby (and us) every few hours. Happy to answer questions if anyone has any.
pilarg18

Postby harveyjassal » August 5th, 2016, 3:06 pm

Hi All

We had our baby in September 2015 and got back into the UK in January 2016. World record 4 months for us in the uk!!!!!!

I have been to the new hospital and its all very modern. I am really interested in speaking to anyone with regards leaving their embryos behind in India. We are now faced with the surrogacy ban and this also applies to import and export of embryos. I want to move my embryos to another country and would be interested in speaking to anyone in the same situation as me.

Hammock Guy or Admin - are you able to set up 2 new headers

1 For the update on the current situation on the Surrogacy Ban
2 For the Embryos left over at Dr Patel's Facility and next steps please .

look forward to hearing back from you
Parents to a beautiful angel born in September 2015 thanks to DR Patel.
harveyjassal

Postby spanky » August 8th, 2016, 8:33 pm

Congrats arveyjassal. That does sound like a new record for UK!

I will add the topics you suggested. Thanks for participating. It has been pretty slow around here, probably due in large part to the proposed ban/regulations/law/whatever they plan to do :)
spanky

Postby harveyjassal » August 10th, 2016, 5:36 am

thanks Spanky for the new subject headers
Parents to a beautiful angel born in September 2015 thanks to DR Patel.
harveyjassal

Postby OCIinIndia » August 23rd, 2016, 12:17 am

Our baby was delivered at the new hospital a few months ago and I am finally getting around to posting some info about it.

As pilarg18 mentioned, the new hospital is very modern. The on-site rooms are luxury wards and are priced accordingly. We felt they are good to stay for a few days, but unless you need the hospital nursing staff, it does not make sense to stay there for a long period. The room tariff shared by pilarg18 matches the rates we were given and in case you are staying there before the baby delivery, then the rates for ROOM ONLY without nursing and doctor care are as follows:
2500 - Special
5000 - Silver
8000 - Gold
10000 - Diamond
12000 - Platinum

We stayed at the hospital for 2 days after the delivery and then moved to a furnished house at "Satva Anand" (a new gated community very close to the hospital). The hospital owns a couple of houses there and one of them was occupied by a few doctors of the hospital and another one (a 3 bedroom house) was available so it was rented out to us for a month. That worked out great for us as we had our first daughter - a toddler with us and we also had other family members visiting and staying with us. The house has a kitchen and is fully furnished and the hospital even helped us find a nanny and a maid to help with the cleaning. The house is just down the road from the hospital so it was very convenient for us to go and pick up the milk from the hospital.

If anyone has questions, I would be glad to answer them.
OCIinIndia

Postby PXS » September 3rd, 2016, 12:38 pm

Hi OCIinIndia,

Would you please let me know how to go about enquiring about the rental at Satva Anand?

Thanks!
PXS

Postby OCIinIndia » September 5th, 2016, 10:27 pm

Hi PXS,

You can talk to Dr. Uma. She is the one who told us about it and booked it for us.

Good luck and let me know if you need any other info.
OCIinIndia

Return to Topic-focused Discussions