4. Baby Pick-up in Anand (including prep at home)

Re: 4. Baby Pick-up in Anand (including prep at home)

Postby Phoenix » August 14th, 2015, 8:49 am

Hi Lily Smith,
You mentioned "They offer surrogate mothers from Thailand and Ukraine." I would do some more research on that company because as of today, I'm pretty sure in Thailand gestational surrogacy is illegal. It is only legal in Thailand, if it is your relative acting as surrogate. Just be careful of new clinics.
Phoenix

Postby PXS » September 1st, 2016, 6:11 pm

Sorry to cross post

Hoping this forum is still active and that someone will reply to my query.

1) We are Indian citizens living in the US, if there is anyone out there like us, or even NRIs living in other countries, could you please chime in on what your process for obtaining baby's passport and visa was?

2) I will cross post as well, but I read that some folks were able to rent a 'service apartment' near the new hospital? Any pointers on how you did that would be super helpful?

3) I guess technically we don't need to do a DNA testing, but am wondering if that is something that will come in handy in the long run? Any pointers on that?

4) I have been trying to get in touch with Dr.Biraj the neonatologist to see if there is any formula / human milk fortifier I can take from here, also wondering how to sign up for the human milk bank there?
PXS

Postby OCIinIndia » September 5th, 2016, 11:00 pm

Replied to some items here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=22&p=1200#p1200
OCIinIndia

Postby PXS » October 7th, 2016, 6:38 pm

Hi all, wondering if people can share specific advice on the following

1) what formula do you recommend for premature babies?
2) how soon were people able to fly with their babies? We have to make one domestic trip within in India, after which we plan to give the babies a chance to recuperate before getting on a flight to the US. Of course it will all depend on what the doctor says, but would like to hear others experience.
3) what baby carriers did people use to carry the babies to and from the airport and to doctor appointments in India?

Thanks!
PXS

Previous

Return to Stage-specific Discussions