4. Baby Pick-up in Anand (including prep at home)

Re: 4. Baby Pick-up in Anand (including prep at home)

Postby Seema » December 7th, 2013, 12:24 pm

Hello everyone! We are having a singleton and have been told to be in Anand by Jan 25. We are bringing pampers diapers with us, Premie and Newborn and a few one's. We are also bringing Similac Neosure (still have to find some but one of the blogs says Dr. Anita recommends that for premies). We are also bringing "Ready to Feed" and addition Similac powered formula. We aren't sure whether to bring our car seat with us or just buy one from there. Any suggestions would be helpful.

If anyone from Canada has information on dealing with Citizenship and Passport would love to hear from you.

Seema
Seema

Postby Covaliu » December 8th, 2013, 8:03 pm

Hi everyone,

My wife and I are excited about starting this process with Dr. Patel, and it's really reassuring and helpful to read about other people's experiences. If there's anyone on the forum who has had recent experiences with "exiting" and getting back to the U.S., there are a couple of things where we'd be really grateful to hear about. Sorry for the long post, my wife says I'm getting ahead of myself right now (we are not even going over there to begin the process until February) but I guess that's how my mind works!

Medical v. Travel Visas: It sounds like while even in early 2013 people have managed ok with travel visas, there have been plans to transition to stricter requirements for a medical visa. The Mumbai-Embassy website seems to say that this change has been in effect since about June of this year. Anyone have experience with this after June of 2013? If you got a medical visa, how long did that take, and what was the process like?

Only one parent at pickup: Also, my wife will be able to take plenty of time in India on maternity leave, but because of my work it might be hard for me to spend several weeks in India during the "pickup and exit" stage. Does anyone know if it's possible to get the U.S. passport/exit visa with only one citizen parent present?
Covaliu

Postby rd8899 » December 12th, 2013, 1:54 am

Hi Renu:

Please see below for some suggestions.

Regards and Good-luck,
-RD

Hi All,

It will be helpful if someone can guide me selecting a formula milk powder ,diapers and cord bank

1.How and which company to select for Cord Banking ? How soon should we start the process?

[Dr. Nayana's office staff will arrange a (pre-selected) Cord Blood banking company agent to meet with you right after the birth. You can discuss the details (including financial costs) with that agent. You can do some study (beforehand) regarding the pros and cons of going for Cord Blood Banking. The decision is yours. I suppose you can inquire in advance of birth about it with Dr. Nayana directly.

It maybe also possible for you to do some searching on your own if you wish, but I do not know if that company will have agreement to collect blood at the time of birth. Please check w/ Dr. Nayana.] - DR

2.Which Powder formula to buy?

[We tried both Similac Advance and Gerber Goodstart (that we had brought w/ us from U.S.). For our case, we found a bit more throw-up w/ Similac, than with Gerber, but, as you can guess, it entirely depends on the tolerance of specific babies. Similac is commonly used and sold here. Please note both brands are available locally, but they will charge you 2-3 times what you would pay if you bring boxes with you from abroad. You can calculate how many boxes you need depending on your stay here, and bring accordingly] -DR

3.Which Diapers to buy?

[Pampers New Born is what you need initially. Pampers New Born Sensitive is especially good to prevent diaper rashes (besides cloth diapers or leaving your baby(s) diaper free daily for sometime once you take charge). Locally, you can buy Pampers New Baby (which is slightly larger but will do).] - DR

Thanks ..
Last edited by rd8899 on October 6th, 2014, 3:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rd8899

Postby rd8899 » December 12th, 2013, 2:14 am

Seema wrote:Hello everyone! We are having a singleton and have been told to be in Anand by Jan 25. We are bringing pampers diapers with us, Premie and Newborn and a few one's. We are also bringing Similac Neosure (still have to find some but one of the blogs says Dr. Anita recommends that for premies). We are also bringing "Ready to Feed" and addition Similac powered formula. We aren't sure whether to bring our car seat with us or just buy one from there. Any suggestions would be helpful.

If anyone from Canada has information on dealing with Citizenship and Passport would love to hear from you.

Seema

Hi Seema:

I recommend that you come here to see if you really need a car-seat (knowing Indian conditions - car and road included). I do not think car-seats will be very useful here. You can buy a carrier for transporting babies here.

I understand the processes are very similar to U.S. (DNA Test included), but it just takes a bit longer for the Canadian process to complete.
Last edited by rd8899 on October 6th, 2014, 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rd8899

Postby rd8899 » December 12th, 2013, 2:41 am

Hi Covaliu:

You are right about some changes (via Indian Government) coming our way - one thing being the need for Medical Visa rather than a Tourist Visa. From now on, it would be best (for non-OCIs) to come only w/ Medical Visa to avoid any issues here.

I'm told by (un-official sources - the same people who would arrange exit-visa from local authorities) that both parents will not be required to come.

Covaliu wrote:Hi everyone,

My wife and I are excited about starting this process with Dr. Patel, and it's really reassuring and helpful to read about other people's experiences. If there's anyone on the forum who has had recent experiences with "exiting" and getting back to the U.S., there are a couple of things where we'd be really grateful to hear about. Sorry for the long post, my wife says I'm getting ahead of myself right now (we are not even going over there to begin the process until February) but I guess that's how my mind works!

Medical v. Travel Visas: It sounds like while even in early 2013 people have managed ok with travel visas, there have been plans to transition to stricter requirements for a medical visa. The Mumbai-Embassy website seems to say that this change has been in effect since about June of this year. Anyone have experience with this after June of 2013? If you got a medical visa, how long did that take, and what was the process like?

Only one parent at pickup: Also, my wife will be able to take plenty of time in India on maternity leave, but because of my work it might be hard for me to spend several weeks in India during the "pickup and exit" stage. Does anyone know if it's possible to get the U.S. passport/exit visa with only one citizen parent present?
Last edited by rd8899 on October 6th, 2014, 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rd8899

Postby lowe2 » December 13th, 2013, 6:55 pm

Hello,

We need to send DNA testing kits to Mumbai next month. Can anyone recommend a accredited DNA testing company that they have recently used? How long did it take the company to test the DNA?

We were also wondering if any couples from the US were able to get emergency passports after DNA testing and about how long it took?

Any help would be really appreciated. We are a few months out from heading to Anand, but we are excited to begin our preparations.

Thanks
lowe2

Postby rd8899 » December 13th, 2013, 8:28 pm

Hi:

All the best wishes to you, first.

The list of accredited labs is on the Mumbai, U.S. Consulate. You can use any on the list. But, we used the one in SC (IntelliGenetics), based on the recommendation of a previous couple from California. That lab was quite efficient.

As I mentioned, the U.S. process is streamlined for speedy completion of process. Keep about a week for DNA (for results to be emailed back to Mumbai consulate (cc: to the parent e.g. the father)). After that, keep another 10 days (usually shorter) for Emergency passport to be courier delivered to your local Anand Address. Please note the testing parent can get the DNA done in advance in U.S.. It may save a few days.

Best Regards,
RD

lowe2 wrote:Hello,

We need to send DNA testing kits to Mumbai next month. Can anyone recommend a accredited DNA testing company that they have recently used? How long did it take the company to test the DNA?

We were also wondering if any couples from the US were able to get emergency passports after DNA testing and about how long it took?

Any help would be really appreciated. We are a few months out from heading to Anand, but we are excited to begin our preparations.

Thanks
Last edited by rd8899 on October 6th, 2014, 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rd8899

Postby lowe2 » December 15th, 2013, 9:50 am

Thank you for the info rd8899.
lowe2

Postby rose » December 28th, 2013, 11:57 am

Thanks everyone. This forum was very helpful.
Last edited by rose on June 5th, 2014, 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
rose

Postby Renu » January 1st, 2014, 4:56 pm

Happy new year to all.
We are going to anand in couple of weeks for delivery of our baby. I would like to know if how should I take ready to eat formula liquid feeding bottles?Can I checked in or I should take it in carry on luggage?
We are taking about 3-4 weeks supply of liquid ready to eat formula.

I am just concern about the temperature in Cargo. Will it be safe for liquid formula?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks
Renu

Postby rd8899 » January 31st, 2014, 12:02 pm

rose wrote:Me and my husband are US green card holders and of Indian origin. Our twins are due in Feb 2013. Can anyone tell me what is the visa procedure to get the babies back home to the US?

Hi Rose:

Sorry for the late reply. You're probably already in Anand by now. Please contact Dr. Hitesh Patel for the information or/and pointers to the information you are looking for.

Best wishes,
RD
Last edited by rd8899 on October 6th, 2014, 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rd8899

Postby bmkoss » March 7th, 2014, 12:36 pm

Hello everyone!
Can anyone advise what is appropriate to give the surrogate and her chlldren for gifts? Our surrogate has 4 daughters of her own. What has everyone given as a "thank you gift?" Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you all in advance
bmkoss

Nannies!

Postby tophiedad » June 18th, 2014, 11:44 pm

Hi there,

In Anand Now to bring home beautiful new twin daughters. This has been a wondrous experience from start to finish. I am a US citizen and the paperwork has been pretty straightforward with a single visit to Mumbai needed.
I am writing on the topic of Nannies. One of my girls was in NICU for a month and then with us in the Hotel for a further three weeks. She is great now and ready to go home, but without the help of our day and night nannies, this would have been vastly more difficult.
So I am here recommending the two women we have been using. During the day we have hired Manisha Macwan. She has a lot of experience and was herself a surrogate several years ago. She has taught us a great deal while still following our lead on what we want done with the babies. She is great, if you need a Nanny and are in the clinic asking, ask for her by name.

My wife went through three night nannies before finding the right one, her name is Teena and again, if you're looking for nannies in the clinic ask by name. She's been great and I have to say, with twins, knowing that someone you trust is there with them so you can get some sleep is very nice. Now that we are getting ready to go home, we are doing nights ourselves, but in the beginning Teena was a godsend for a few weeks while we found our feet.

Happy to answer any questions I am able to! Good luck on your own journeys!
tophiedad

Postby bmkoss » June 23rd, 2014, 6:19 am

Hello everyone
My husband and I are proud parents of our baby girl!! She was born June 20th by c section at 37 weeks.
Unfortunately, we are not able to get to Anand for another week. We live in the US. I have been trying to contact Dr Anita to get an update on our daughter but have been unsuccessful in getting a response. I was provided an email address by Dr Patel so I hope she did receive my email. Does anyone have an email for Dr Anita or another way of contacting her?
Please help! I want to see our daughter and hear how she is doing.
Also, does anyone know what vaccines are given in India? I have asked a couple times without a response.
Thanks to all!
bmkoss

Postby HammockGuy » June 23rd, 2014, 11:31 am

Hope this works:

Name: Dr. Anita Ajaykumar Kothiala
Hospital Address: Apara Nursing Home,Shubhlaxmi Shopping Centre,Station Rd.
Anand-388 001
Phone: (C) : 253231,(R) : 241836,(M) : 9824727897
Email: anitakothiala@hotmail.com

http://www.iapgujarat.com/members.php?& ... 756=756&n=
Four cycles with Dr. Nayana Patel, with the first and fourth giving us two beautiful, healthy baby girls! Persistence and determination are often rewarded, so stay the course...
HammockGuy
Father of 2 girls - Thanks Dr. Patel!

Postby bmkoss » June 23rd, 2014, 12:24 pm

Thanks so much Hammock Guy! I will give that a try!!!
I actually just tried it. I got a bounceback notification. Thank you for your help
bmkoss

PreviousNext

Return to Stage-specific Discussions