4. Baby Pick-up in Anand (including prep at home)

Re: 4. Baby Pick-up in Anand (including prep at home)

Postby HammockGuy » June 23rd, 2014, 1:38 pm

Since Dr. Anita's clinic is like 2 minutes from the Hotel Rama and Dr. Patel's clinic, maybe try to find folks who are in Anand now who can visit Dr. Anita on your behalf, also requesting a valid email address and phone number... Best to you.
Four cycles with Dr. Nayana Patel, with the first and fourth giving us two beautiful, healthy baby girls! Persistence and determination are often rewarded, so stay the course...
HammockGuy
Father of 2 girls - Thanks Dr. Patel!

Postby hopeful14 » June 23rd, 2014, 1:53 pm

hi,

We are US Citizens with OCI, expecting shortly.

Planning to travel to another part of India with the baby, after completing the process at Anand /Mumbai, before flying back to US.

Few queries regarding FRRO/exit-visa:

1. Can we get the exit-visa from Anand. The airline ticket will have port-of-departure from different part in India.

2. Will the Exit-Visa allow us to stay in India for few more weeks, or do we have to depart pretty soon. Again the airline ticket will have date appropriately though.

Thanks
hopeful14

Postby poplars » July 2nd, 2014, 2:46 pm

Hi Dr Anita's email is a_kothiala@yahoo.co.in
Also try Dr Patels Clinic for a up to date phone number.

Good luck
poplars

Postby KPM » July 12th, 2014, 4:57 pm

Hello,

We have a sterilizer that we purchased in India and is in good working condition. Free for anyone interested. All I ask is to send a pre paid delivery slip so I can mail it to you. Just send me a response to this post. It can't be used in the US due to the different power settings. We only used the sterilizer for about 3 weeks.

Thanks

KPM
KPM

Postby Covaliu » August 22nd, 2014, 8:16 am

Hello everyone,

We are preparing for our upcoming trip to Anand to meet and pick up our twins, who are due mid-November (though I understand mid-October might be more realistic reading through people's results here!). While I'm bursting with questions for people who have gone through this relatively recently, I'll try to keep myself from posting walls of text. But one issue I'd love input on is timing, and how long various things took. For instance, how long did it take people to be ready to go from Anand to Mumbai--both in regards to the health of the babies, and in terms of any necessary paperwork or legal hurdles (I guess getting the necessary documents from the clinic and the birth certificate are the big ones)? I'm having a hard time planning hotels and the like...

Thanks in advance for any info, while I haven't participated much here, one of the things that gave me a good feeling about turning to Dr. Patel are the great posts and folk on this forum.
Covaliu

Postby lowe2 » August 22nd, 2014, 6:34 pm

Covaliu,

Congrats on your babies! Our twins were born in Febuary at 32 weeks. One morning we woke up and had an email letting us know our twins had been born during the night. Time was not our friend. We thought we would be in and out in 2 to 3 weeks. Our babies spent a little over a week at Zydus hospital due to being born so early. Then our peds doctor advised us to wait until the twins were about 3 weeks old and weighed over 2.2 kg to fly to Mumbai. When we finally arrived at Mumbai we stayed at the Trident. It is a really nice hotel and within walking distance to the US consulate. With twins it was easier for us to get hotel transportation from the airport to the hotel and then just walk to the consulate for the morning appointment. Sorry, I don't even know if your from the US. This might not be very helpful. We did meet couples who had twins at 35 weeks with very short NICU stays and were able to travel to Mumbai shortly after their twins were released. Best of luck to you. I hope this helps some.
lowe2

Postby Covaliu » August 24th, 2014, 8:52 am

It helps a lot, thanks! And I am from the US. I'll look into the Trident. Some people had been advising me that the area near the consulate might not be the best place to stay--that it's not the most convenient place as far as pharmacies, stores, etc. go, and that it might be worth it to be further away but hire a car to get to the consulate. But I guess staying near the consulate worked out for you?

Anyway, thanks again, it's helpful to know that it's not paperwork/government holding things up in Anand.
Covaliu

Postby Phoenix » August 24th, 2014, 10:04 am

Hi Covaliu,
We are the parents of the 35 wk old twins Lowe2 spoke of and the whole process from their birth on March 11 in Anand to actually getting back to New York City, US on April 17 was a little over 5 weeks. We arrived early in Anand on March 3 just in case. The twins were in NICU for 2 days and we had to wait 10 days for their birth certificates to be issued. During those 10 days we made calls to US Embassy for appointment, then I went online and booked Sofitel Mumbai hotel. I only booked hotel after I got the birth certificate and Medical File. Sofitel was also within walking distance 5 minutes. You will need to have 2 adults to travel by plane. We also consulted with Pediatrician for travel. If you cannot be in India that long and you can have another adult travel to Mumbai with twins then, the most important day(s) that the Father needs to be present is when you are at the Embassy for paperwork. As per Lowe2 suggestion, we booked the Sofitel hotel car pick up from airport. That was great, although much more than regular taxi because we were tired from traveling since 3am. We really did not walk around with twins while in Mumbai, it was too hot for them to be out too long. We did go to the Phoenix shopping center via taxi infront of hotel and bought stuff there. We left the same day after the DNA testing. We had to wait a week after that for the DNA test kit to travel back to US and results. We did pay for the expedited processing for DNA test. After the results were sent to US Embassy and it took a few days for verification and printing of passports. We requested the passport copies be scanned and emailed so we could start the Indian Exit Visa process while waiting for actual passports in the mail. I did end up going directly to Courier office to pick Passports since they had arrived in Anand but by day 2 of waiting for delivery at Rama, because I was getting impatient. You will need to show proof of children's airplane ticket travel for Exit Visa.
I hope this information helps you and others getting ready.
Phoenix

Postby Covaliu » August 24th, 2014, 11:01 am

Thanks Phoenix!

It hadn't occurred to me to go back to Anand after dealing with the consulate--I assumed we would just stay in Mumbai until flying back to the states. Are there reasons beyond the room service at the Rama to head back? Am I goofing something in my planning?
Covaliu

Postby Phoenix » August 24th, 2014, 1:34 pm

Hi Covaliu,
I guess we could have stayed in Mumbai but I wanted the insurance of having someone familiar with local government officials in case things did not go smoothly with Indian Exit Visas. I also think it was nice to be at Rama because of the other couples that were also sharing their new parents experiences with their twins. It could be a 1 day 1 night trip only to US Consulate Mumbai . Price was a factor since Mumbai hotel was more than triple Rama. our girls flew from Anand to Mumbai at two weeks old via Air India. We had the whole row of seats. We did end up using that someone and paid extra for Exit visas because there were no appointments to see FRRO based on computer availability until after our scheduled plane flights. In Mumbai we would have been stuck without knowing who we needed to pay. We were not asked to bring twins to FRRO. The rooftop clothesline was a plus too. Laundry dried in 2-3 hours for baby clothes. In April, it was over 100 degrees F everyday. We had to iron the baby clothes while in Mumbai because they wouldn't dry in hotel room. If price and time isn't a factor than we could have stayed but I also had limited time off from work.
Phoenix

Postby sambdds » October 30th, 2014, 1:22 pm

Does anyone know if the exit visa can be obtained in Mumbai or Does it need to be from anand?
sambdds

Postby Covaliu » April 8th, 2015, 1:45 pm

Sambdds: I imagine by this point your trip may be complete, but to answer your question, we were required to go back to Anand for the exit visa. We tried hard to convince the Mumbai officials to issue an exit visa, and had no success in doing so.
Covaliu

Postby smitha2015 » August 2nd, 2015, 9:52 pm

Hi Everyone

We are expecting our baby at Dr. Patel's hospital in Sept 2015. We are originally from India staying in US, My husband is a US citizen and I am green card holder.
We are planing to book Rama, if anyone around, I am really interested to meet in sept.

Thanks
Smitha
smitha2015

Postby LilySmith » August 12th, 2015, 1:49 pm

How lucky you must be taking your children home at last! My congratulations to all of you! We're currently considering surrogacy with http://ivf-sunrise.net/. They offer surrogate mothers from Thailand and Ukraine. Can you give me some tips on how did you choose a surrogate mother?
LilySmith

Postby pinkbunny » August 13th, 2015, 12:44 am

At Dr Patel's we were given a choice of women whose cycle most closely matched ours. They have also been counseled before hand.
pinkbunny

Postby LilySmith » August 13th, 2015, 1:27 am

Thanks for your reply! That's always frightful if woman you chose won't like you...
LilySmith

PreviousNext

Return to Stage-specific Discussions