1. Baby-making in Anand (including prep at home)

Re: 1. Baby-making in Anand (including prep at home)

Postby chandni » May 4th, 2015, 7:51 am

Thank you for responding. I have a few more questions if anyone can help me that be great.
1. Did you rem what medication (injection) you took during your stay and if you remember the side effects of the drugs.
2. How long was the duration of these medications, her e-mailed stated day 2-day 11 injections and scans daily, is that fairly accurate.
3. I read on someones post that a nurse will adminster the medication, I was wondering if we are able to administer our own medication.
4. Anyone know the updated cost of Phase 1 ( Traveling/medication/surrogacy) and Phase 2 (delivery/post-surrogacy pay/baby passport/exit visa etc.)
5. For the medical visa- how long did it take to get it? Her e-mail stated to send her passport/names/numbers/marriage certificate/photo ID. I plan on going june 9th.
6. How long was your complete stay for phase 1? I am calculating 3 weeks.
Thank you guys for answering my questions. This Forum has helped more than the clinic has on answering my questions and help alleviate some of my anxiety. Thank you!!!!
chandni

Postby pinkbunny » May 4th, 2015, 8:04 am

1. Did you rem what medication (injection) you took during your stay and if you remember the side effects of the drugs.

I was on gonal f. She also has other medications available. Side effects are bloating, extremely thirsty, etc.

2. How long was the duration of these medications, her e-mailed stated day 2-day 11 injections and scans daily, is that fairly accurate.

It is fairly accurate. If you respond to the drugs the follicles should grow within that timeframe. If you don't respond as well, you may have to have more injections, i.e. more days.

3. I read on someones post that a nurse will adminster the medication, I was wondering if we are able to administer our own medication.

I administered my own medication as I didn't want them to bruise me. They had the Gonal F pen so that was really easy. Other women may choose having the nurse to jab them.

4. Anyone know the updated cost of Phase 1 ( Traveling/medication/surrogacy) and Phase 2 (delivery/post-surrogacy pay/baby passport/exit visa etc.)

I think Phase 1 is around 7K USD at the hospital. May cost more if you have some to freeze. I think it's 1K to freeze per year. I stayed at Rama, that cost me around US$620 for 17 days. Food and transport is around $10-$20 US max for 2 people. Phase 2 depends on whether the pregnancy is a singleton or twins. Singleton is around 22K and twins is around 28K. You pay in installments up until the 6 months I believe. Add a few more K for exit visa, DNA tests, paperwork, hotel, food etc.

5. For the medical visa- how long did it take to get it? Her e-mail stated to send her passport/names/numbers/marriage certificate/photo ID. I plan on going june 9th.

It took me around 1 month. They messed it up at the visa place and forgot to turn it in to the embassy. When I went to collect, they realized it wasn't done yet and rushed a next day service for me.

6. How long was your complete stay for phase 1? I am calculating 3 weeks.

I stayed 17 days total as I waited for the transfer. That was considered long as there were several women who did the jabs, extracted the eggs and left the next day (roughly 14 days).
pinkbunny

Postby sanand » April 27th, 2016, 7:51 pm

Hi everyone, we are inching towards a final decision to go to Anand, and are just trying to get a sense of what the process really costs. This board is super helpful (thank you for creating! HammockGuy). For example, we believe the ballpark figure is around $30,000 and we received a quote from Dr.Patel herself. But we are trying to find out what some of the "additional" things might cost, which can add to the total bill. For example, PGD, embryo freezing, blastocyst, cost of IVF medicine in India. We are trying to stretch to afford this treatment, and have to be very careful about our finances before committing to go the whole way. If anyone can share insights regarding the optional/additional procedures that they went through, we would be very grateful.
Thank you!
Sanand.
sanand

Postby PXS » September 1st, 2016, 6:14 pm

Hi Sanand,

We are currently in the process and expecting twins! I will say that initially we also thought the estimate would be around 35k USD, but I would say it is closer to 50k. Some of that is due to twins. Also we don't have an estimate yet for hospital expenses while in India. We live in the US and are thinking we can submit a claim for hospital expenses after babies are born, but are not holding our breath on it.

Hope this helps.
PXS

Previous

Return to Stage-specific Discussions