1. Baby-making in Anand (including prep at home)

Re: 1. Baby-making in Anand (including prep at home)

Postby Nava10 » August 30th, 2013, 6:11 am

Hello Everyone,

I got back from Anand about two weeks ago and I'd like to just leave a few tips here for everyone.

Hotel: We stayed at Rama and could not have asked for anything better. It's not high end or luxurious but the staff is super nice, you get free breakfast, and the best part about it is that it's literally a 3 minute walk to Dr. Patel's office. I went and visited Laksh, Casa, and Madhuban. Laksh and Casa are almost the same as Rama. But Madhuban is another league - it's a beautiful hotel. If you can afford it, stay there, if not, Rama is your best bet! Just a small tip, I purchased and packed lots of stuff (water kettle, dish soap, laundry detergent, antibacterial wipes, etc.) which I had a lot left over. Rama let me store a box of my stuff there so that if and when I'm able to return, I dont' need to bring them again - so you should ask your hotel if you can do that. Also, Rama has free wifi, which is a neccessity.

Clinic: The front desk ladies are so sweet. Mary and Yogita, it was really nice to see their smiling faces every day. Dr. Patel is super busy so I never really got to speak to her for more than 2 minutes at a time. The scans are quick and she's very efficient. The guy that draws blood keeps a bottle of hand sanitizer spray by this desk, so make sure you ask him to spray his band before he draws your blood.

Food: Rama's food is pretty good, we ordered from there a lot. We also ate at Mirch Masala, 24/7 at Madhuban (buffet for 600 rupees/person), Dawat (really good dosas), Hungry (amazing non-veg), and Noon to Night.

Shopping: We got stuff made at Calison (down the street) from Rama. The owner's name is Hatish, he'll take really good care of you, he's super professional and his work is quality.

Medical Records/Contract: Make sure you request that you want your medical records at least a few days before you leave to come home becuase it takes a few days for them to enter all of Dr. Patel's notes into the system and create a file for you. Also our contract had tons of errors in it so you want to make sure there is enough time for them to make changes.

Day trip to Vadodara: We hired a driver to take us to Vadodara for a day. It was a good break from the usual. I would highly recommend going to Mainland China (it's inside a mall and your driver should know where it is). Eating Indian food everyday can get a little boring, so this was a good change. The shopping in Vadorara is also really nice. When my husband arrived, we also went to Vadorada to golf for the day. THe golf course is beautiful and is on the same land as the Royal Family with beautiful palaces. If your husband golfs, this is also a fun activity. It was 1150 rupees for a round of golf, 100 rupees for a caddie, and another 500 to rent clubs - not bad - just remember to wear slacks and a hat.

I'll try to write more as I remember. But overall, I have to say that going to the clinic is probably going to be your highlight of the day, Anand is a very small town and there isn't much to do.
Nava10

Postby meadow » September 26th, 2013, 8:34 am

Hello, thank you HammackGuy for this great site and to everyone else who has shared their experiences and advice. I've been in contact with Dr. Patel and she has emailed a list of tests that I have to undergo here at home and to send her the results. I am curious to know if anyone has had a problem here in the U.S. with a doctor to release the information over to Dr. Patel?
meadow

Postby Nava10 » September 30th, 2013, 9:50 am

Hi Meadow

I had no problems with my doctor here. She was more than happy to conduct all the tests Dr. Patel requested. although if you've had fertility issues, you probably have most of the tests done. In my case, I already had all the test Dr. Patel requested so I just had to send over my medical records.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I just got back from seeing Dr. Patel about 6 weeks ago.
Nava10

Postby rateaud.cyril » October 7th, 2013, 10:58 am

je viens vers Vous Suite au reportage sur TF1 en France, Nous Avons ONU agrément Accorder partie le conseil général "l'Etat français" malheureusement nos démarches n'aboutisse Pas, Entre Nous aimerions en contact avec AVEC Vous Dr.Patel et son hôpital. Je vous Laisse mon adresse électronique rateaud.cyril @ hotmail.fr. respectusement
rateaud.cyril

Postby meadow » October 7th, 2013, 11:09 am

Hi Nava10,
thanks so much for your reply! I have my Dr's appt. tomorrow. I have gone through quite a bit of fertility testing so hopefully that will be a matter of having the results forwarded to Dr. Patel and do any others that I might have not done.
meadow

Postby easybreezy » October 12th, 2013, 8:35 pm

Hello everyone! So, after much research we've decided to start the process with Dr. Patel. Although, we'd like to travel to Anand and meet with her, and see the Clinic. Has anyone had experience doing a "pre-process" consultation? I know Dr. Patel is VERY busy, but wondering if anyone has been able to meet with her for consult? We're noobs to this Support Group. Love it!
easybreezy

Postby lowe2 » October 14th, 2013, 5:55 am

Hi Easybreezy,

We saw Dr. Patel in March. While we were there we met another couple who were visiting for a few days. They had come to meet Dr. Patel and see the clinic. They emailed Dr. Patel prior to coming to Anand and set a date. Dr. Patel is busy, but she also genuinely cares for her clients. I hope you find what your looking for in Anand. Good luck!
lowe2

Postby easybreezy » October 15th, 2013, 5:15 pm

Iowe2,
Thanks so much for your reply. We're actively working to get something scheduled with Dr. Patel this year. Well worth the trip there. Thanks again!
easybreezy

Postby luv2decorate » November 20th, 2013, 7:37 am

Hi Nava10,

I had a few a few questions for you since you recently took the trip to India for surrogacy at Akanksha. My husband and I are also in the process of communication with Dr. Nayana regarding possible dates and having our questions answered via email.

1. She has requested the results for a bunch of day-2 tests and some standard questions. Do you know how recent these tests need to be because I just underwent an IVF cycle in April 2013. I wonder if it is ok to send those results?

2. Did you get a Medical visa for your travel to India since it is a new requirement for surrogacy?

3. If yes, then can you help me with the part about submitting the "duly signed and notarised surrogacy agreement by both parties involved". If we are in the US and the surrogate is in India and we are not even sure who it is going to be how can we send this document for applying the medical visa?

4. I have had 2 miscarriages at 7 weeks and one of our IVF cycles ended in ectopic pregnancy with having to surgically remove one of my tubes. So can you share with me your research about success after multiple miscarriages.

Thanks a lot in advance.
luv2decorate

Postby julieat » December 26th, 2013, 12:25 pm

Hello Nava10 and All,

I am new to this forum and grateful that you have shared this information!
I have seen the documentary on the BBC and since then have been trying to find contact information for Dr. Patel but not successful - can you please help? I have been trying to conceive, and when that fell, trying to adopt but not making much progress either. When I almost gave up the dream to have child saw that documentary and have hopes again...

Many thanks in advance!
julieat

Postby bmkoss » December 26th, 2013, 1:57 pm

We initially emailed Dr Patel through her website nayana@ivf-surrogate.com
She will email you the information about pricing, a small questionaire, hotels in the area.
Email is the best way to get ahold of her. It may take a few days to get a response since she is sooo busy.

We are in the 10th week now of the surrogate process. We just got through the IVF cycle in Oct. Best of luck to you
bmkoss

Postby julieat » December 27th, 2013, 9:57 am

Thank you very much for replying!
I will send an email and hopefully will get a reply soon.
Best wishes to you with the cycle!
julieat

Re: WE ARE NEW & FROM THE UK

Postby IPKNUK » March 2nd, 2014, 2:13 am

HI ALL

MY WIFE AND I ARE JUST ABOUT TO START TO CONTACT THIS CLINIC . WE NEED AN EGG DONOR AND A SURROGATE.

WE HAVE HEARD MANY THINGS ABOUT DR PATEL'S CLINIC HENCE WE WOULD LIKE TO START THE PROCESS FROM SCRATCH (FIRST ENQUIRY).

PLEASE CAN YOU LET US KNOW HOW YOUR FIRST CONTACT WENT AND HOW THINGS WERE WHEN YOU ARRIVED AT THE CLINIC FROM OVERSEAS TO START THE PROCESS. AND HOW MANY DAYS WE WILL NEED TO STAY

WE ARE FROM THE UK AND ARE VERY EXCITED BUT ALSO SCARED, ANY INFO WILL BE A GREAT HELP.

CHEERS IPKNUK
IPKNUK

Postby poplars » March 5th, 2014, 9:32 am

Hi
The process is awesomely expensive,frustrating,exhausting but ultimately worth it .
Almost all of us on the forum have had numerous attempts at starting a family before going to India , Ukraine or the US where commercial surrogacy is legal.
The clinic is incredibly busy so you may not get the one to one time with Dr N Patel as you would get in the clinics.
Our cumulative time spent with her in total is probably 45 minutes in the two donor IVF cycles we had with her resulting n the birth of our twins.
We trust Dr Patel implicitly everything else in India is typically organised chaos but things tend to work out.
Dr Patel answers emails personally so quite often there is a delay in replying but rest assured she is working away in the background. She is coming to the UK in June 14.
Email the clinic and try will organise an appointment with her in the UK, then judge for yourself.
poplars

Postby chandni » May 3rd, 2015, 7:28 pm

Hello
We are planing on going to Anand for IVF Surrogacy around June 9th. IS anyone else going to be there during that time. It is very hard to get information from Dr. Nayana through email. I know your are suppose to take BCP for 21 days then see Dr. Nayana 5 days after stopping BCP. Do you make an apt to see her? If yes, then do you e-mail her or do you call the clinic?. Also do you have to have a medical visa? I am so grateful for this support group there was so many helpful tips and information I did not even think of.
chandni

Postby pinkbunny » May 4th, 2015, 3:22 am

I emailed her. As soon as my period came (it was real late) I let her know, and she started me on BCP. Because my period was so late, she made me take 2 BCP a day for about 9 days before I flew to India. You should email her about your period dates and she will figure out the BCP schedule. It's different for everyone.

I used the medical visa. I read some stories about people getting detained by the FRRO for going on the tourist visa. That didn't happen while I was there tho, and I do understand that some people still take the risk by going on the tourist visa.
pinkbunny

PreviousNext

Return to Stage-specific Discussions