How do I get my baby/ies home?! (country specific)

Re: How do I get my baby/ies home?! (country specific)

Postby spanky » April 11th, 2014, 11:48 am

Hi angelwish, You are correct about the birth certificate and the CRBA. I don't think there are any legal *requirements* to do anything else, but you probably want to look into 'second parent' or 'step parent' adoption. You basically can adopt your own child to make the situation *more* legal and ensure you have full parental rights in case of any unforeseen situations. We did this and I know other couples that did to. We are in California and if you want I can look up the lawyer that we used. It took a few months and cost a few thousand dollars as I recall.

Good luck.

angelwish wrote:Hello Group. This form is so much help and guide you throughout the process. I have one question for group memebers who used egg donors. When you get the certificate of Birth Abroad from US Counslate to bring your baby home only father's name is listed on the birth certificate even though birth certificate from India has both parents names on it. Does the mother need to follow any other procedure to be legal mother of the child e.g for school admission or any legal matters for your child. My baby is ready to go to pre K and I want to clarify before her school admission.
spanky

Postby angelwish » April 11th, 2014, 1:36 pm

Thanks Spanky. Please let me know who you used. If you know any couple from Texas please refer me. Because laws are different from State to Sate. I have called few attorneys and most of them are not familiar with the surrogacy agreement and process we used. Did it took 3-4 months or more than that. If you can explain the process in more detail that might help other members also. Thanks a million for taking time to respond.
angelwish

Postby spanky » April 11th, 2014, 1:48 pm

You are right, you will want to use a Texas lawyer. It really should not be relevant the surrogacy process part. It is the same legal structure a step parent or LGBT parent would use to formally adopt their child. You should Google "step parent adoption texas" and second parent adoption texas" and I think you will get good results. I don't recall much of the process except writing some checks, filling some forms and waiting for a court date. At the court a family judge just talked to us for a few minutes and congratulated us and took pictures with us. Then we waited for the arrival of the formal adoption document. In our case, the point was in case I died or became seriously disabled I wanted my wife to have full, legal parental rights and not the possibility of someone in my family having the ability to legally challenge that because of the biological relation to me.

Anyone in California could contact Shelly Tarnoff: http://www.yelp.com/biz/tarnoff-shelley ... aw-oakland She was nice, professional and got the job done for us.

angelwish wrote:Thanks Spanky. Please let me know who you used. If you know any couple from Texas please refer me. Because laws are different from State to Sate. I have called few attorneys and most of them are not familiar with the surrogacy agreement and process we used. Did it took 3-4 months or more than that. If you can explain the process in more detail that might help other members also. Thanks a million for taking time to respond.
spanky

Postby angelwish » April 11th, 2014, 2:00 pm

Thanks again for sharing. I will definitely do some search.
angelwish

Postby angelwish » August 12th, 2014, 6:26 pm

Hi Group. After lot of search and discussion. I was able to find an attorney named Ellen Rubenstein and her phone number is 512-988-7119. She is pretty reasonable. She successfully amended my CRBA's and my name is added as mother on CRBA. Thanks again for all the help and I believe I should give back something by sharing my success.
angelwish

Re: How do I get my baby/ies home?! (Canada)

Postby RajKoothrapalli » March 30th, 2015, 10:54 am

Hello,

Just joined this form, so my apologies if the answers are already present somewhere. We're expecting a baby in late May, 2015 and were wondering if someone from Canada has recently brought their baby home and could share any tips/useful information (DNA testing, what forms/documentations are required by CIC, where to stay in Mumbai for the passport application etc.). There seems to be a lot of US specific information, but I didn't find much Canada specific information.

Also, we're naturalized Canadian citizens on Indian descent and don't need a visa to travel to India (OCI card). Thanks in advance for your response!
RajKoothrapalli

Postby pinkbunny » August 25th, 2015, 8:57 am

I have a question regarding bringing the babies home after getting their passports at the U.S. embassy.

Do we HAVE to go back to the FRRO office to leave the country? My surrogacy visa says "FRRO exempt". Is going to the FRRO office something to do with the visa what we hold?

Hopefully someone with the U.S. experience can illuminate. :)
pinkbunny

Postby harveyjassal » September 6th, 2015, 2:52 pm

Hi all

Hoping that anyone can help with the UK process as we due to fly to India in the next 2 weeks for the birth of our baby . Heard the process is really long for the UK couples - anyone have any contacts that might be able to help I would love to hear from them
Parents to a beautiful angel born in September 2015 thanks to DR Patel.
harveyjassal

Postby Crisi » October 14th, 2015, 3:46 pm

"Hoping that anyone can help with the UK process as we due to fly to India in the next 2 weeks for the birth of our baby . Heard the process is really long for the UK couples - anyone have any contacts that might be able to help I would love to hear from them"
While we were in Anand, we met a couple from UK who had twins. They were there for about 3 months, so expect spending a lot of time in India.
Crisi

Postby slinky » December 2nd, 2015, 3:47 am

Hi
We were out in india March 2014, picking up babes. We didn't get back to the UK till the end of July 2014.
We too knew of couples making it back in 3 months. sadly since the passport application process had altered it is taking 4-5 months for couples to return back.
Good luck
slinky

Postby sheldoncooper » March 18th, 2017, 4:29 pm

Hi, We are about to embark on this journey and would like to understand the process of getting baby/ies to UK for a non-UK citizen (we both are on indefinite leave to remain with Indian passport). We would be really grateful if anyone can share their experience on this. Thanks in advance.
sheldoncooper

Previous

Return to Topic-focused Discussions